Thread: 2005 Sl

mtbr member

2005 Sl

Need some input, I have a friend who is selling his 2005 SL frame with an RP2 and I am interested in taking it off his hands. He doesn't ride hard and takes good care of his stuff so the frame is good shape. I had another friend who says the older SL's, before the redo in 2007, were prone to flexing under power. This concerns me a bit because I tend to more of a grinder rather than a spinner. I only weigh around 180, should I be concerned about this? Any input is welcome.

RideMFRide
    www.crankskins.com

mtbr member
    Your friend doesn't know what he's talking about. The "flex" he refers to is nothing more than some bobbing when climbing in the granny gear; the new BLT2 changed pivot points to help alleviate that issue. Honestly I never noticed it that much and it's practically non-existant after I got my RP3 rear shock PUSHED (I highly recommend this for older BLT owners). I have the same bike and can't say enough good about it. Read the reviews here - it rated something like 4.89/5 after 80+ reviews! That's UNHEARD of!

Have FUN!

G MAN
    Last edited by Gman086; 09-09-2008 at 10:42 PM.
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!