mtbr member

09 rs revalation maxle on the blt2 or just keep the talas 36??

I have seen a few on here and planned on buying one tonight and it will be replacing a 2007 Fox 36 Talas R.

I do like the talas but wouldn't mind the upgrade.
    Is it worth the money?
    different geometry something i should worry about?
    any comments suggestions or just cheers for another blt2 being the most rad bike are welcome.
    thanks guy's and gal's

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tryallrider
    any comments suggestions
    No idea, my PUSH'd '09 RS Rev arrived yesterday, the rest of my bits are there, including the Blur LT 2 XL Black Ano. frame, so I am awaiting the LBS to put it together. After I go for a few rides I can report back on how the RS fork goes but not a comparo to the TALAS on the same bike.

I spoke at length with the suspension guru's in the UK and they advised against the TALAS for anyone but average weight riders, as it is little too fragile.I am a burly 6'2" so they suggested the '09 Rev as the best fork for me, so based on their advice that's what I got. I have ridden Fox Float RL and RS REBA on other bikes.

You might see an incremental improvement I guess but personally I would save my money.

emtb.pl
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor_S
    I spoke at length with the suspension guru's in the UK and they advised against the TALAS for anyone but average weight riders, as it is little too fragile.
    Well Trevor, I bet you were talking about (or they meant) the 32 talas.
    36 is definietly more of a heavy duty fork than 09 ta rev.

tryallrider, if you haven't had any trouble with your 36 (pre '08 mods had some reported issues) than stick to it.
    If you do mean the 36 and not the 32 talas.
    rev and 32 are comparable, 36 is not imo.

mtbr member
    yeah its the 36 and i havent had any issues at all i have been on it for about 9 months ish and weigh 200 and not verry hard on my stuff so its ben a pretty good fork(so far so good)

I guess to sum up what i was wondering is the fork was worth the bank

emtb.pl
    Quote Originally Posted by tryallrider
    yeah its the 36 and i havent had any issues at all i have been on it for about 9 months ish and weigh 200 and not verry hard on my stuff so its ben a pretty good fork(so far so good)

I guess to sum up what i was wondering is the fork was worth the bank
    If you don't demand a lot from it, than maybye it's just too much of a fork for your needs (nothing bad) and you might think of some (not that much as 36 is pretty light for its size) weight gain going to the 32-rev-pike territory.
    otherwise keep your $ for sth else imo

mtbr member
    I bailed on my 08 fox talas 36 rc2 for a 09 revelation. havent looked back to be quite honest. i feel the bike is very balanced with 140 up front. the Rev is light, responsive and for the most part gets me through anything i ride on. if youre a person who does adjust travel a lot while riding, stick with the talas, if you want a fork that is what it is and rocks, go for the Rev.

Got A Lust for Life...
    The 09 Rev is very nice and light. I love mine. The fork keeps the geo right where the bike was designed. That is a good thing IMO.
    I am immune to your disdain.

mtbr member
    Thanks guy's i ordered the rev. maxle 140 lockout from treefort last night for 457 shipped thought it was a damn good deal so i said what the hell why not give it a try im really looking forward to mounting it up. Ill post some pics on here right after she gets dirty