mtbr member
    Jan 2005

08 Bullit with floating brake and front derailleur

So i thought it couldnt be done but i just seen it and thought id post it for the front derailleur crew, if you havent got a Hammershmidt yet
    Tweety says : Floating brake goes ALL the way to the BB, but no, there's no other mod done to it.

FD is an XTR M950 (8 spd), but I think others would work.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Underweight Rider
    Sweet bike, was wondering if i should have gone straight for the Bullit instead of the new hecky -.-

Bleecker St. Homeless
    That's such a hot rig, CN... and this seatpost? I was thinking on it for my bullit too...

By the way, my bullit still with the regular shock bolts, I couldn't find and buy the right ones yet... and a bit concerned about it....

Well, maybe next year we set up a ride... I'm going to live in au in the end of 2009

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by SYNTRAX
    That's such a hot rig, CN... and this seatpost? I was thinking on it for my bullit too...

By the way, my bullit still with the regular shock bolts, I couldn't find and buy the right ones yet... and a bit concerned about it....

Well, maybe next year we set up a ride... I'm going to live in au in the end of 2009
    Its not my bike so dunno about the seatpost, looks like one of them up and down dohickies.
    Apparently you can buy steel harware for your fox shock which would kinda void the bolt issue. The issue is only with aluminium hardware so you wouldnt have to buy new bolts.
    Hooking up for a ride would be good as i barely ride my Bullit lately, hopefully im up to speed when you get here. I'll introduce you to pea rock, you'll understand why Sam hill is so good!

mtbr member
    i think your car in the background has been dropping acid when you're not looking........ better keep an eye out!

mtbr member
    I installed the floating brake this past weekend. I am using a sram 3.0 front derailleur. The floater makes a big difference to a already bomber of a bike.