mtbr member
    Sep 2007

New question here. 07 Heckler Pivot bearings collapsed

Hi,

My swing arm pivot bearings collapsed tonight , does any one know if they are covered under warranty, my frame is 14 months old, the SC uk website says about a life time guarantee on the bearings,
    is it an easy job to replace them??

I see there is a Pro pack and a bearing set, and the tools to remove and fit them!

From experience is it best to just have the Pro Pack?

Thanks

Bike Breaker.
    Jan 2004
    Hi Jeff

Same thing happened to mine. Although I know they have a lifetime warranty so you'd need to send them back. I bought the SC UK bearing remover, but during removing the 2nd bearing the inner race popped out and I had to send the frame to them to remove. A few tips, when you remove the bearing strip the frame so you remove the bearing square on.
    I bought SKF bearings for the next time I fit them.

http://simplybearings.co.uk/shop/p55...7e204e0a3b1673

They definately feel quality, though the ones in my Heckler is enduro. Oh and I really packed grease in there.

banned
    What is meant by "collapsed"? Did they catastrophically fail, or just wore out?

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Collapsed in my case ment they failed catastrophically inner and outer races are now seperated by bits of metal that was bearings before, I checked them last week no play at all , I stripped my bike for a good clean and to remove my e-13 and put my triple ring back on.
    Thanks for the advice catnash will speak to my dealer who I bought the frame off.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Just spoke to my dealer they will sort it for free, said it should not have collapsed after one year, cool guys :-)