mtbr member
    Oct 2007

05 bullit shock options

thinking off swopping out my 5th element on my mk2 bullit and was wondering whats the best option ?
    im thinking the fox dhx 5 but im not sure what the best size to suit my setup ?
    its either 215mm/64mm or 222mm/70mm, i think the 241mm/76mm will be too much ?
    im running a set of fox 36's 160mm upfront
    any pointer welcome
    cheers D

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    BTW i can get a brand new 5th 225mm x 70mm for little money if that would be a good option ?

Just another FOC'er
    The 215 is the stock length and will work fine as long as you use the shuttle.

The 222 requires you use the shuttle and will end up having a high bottom bracket and steep head angle. If you try and direct mount it (sans shuttle) the tire will hit the seat tube at bottom out.

The 241 direct mounted should be about the same geo as the 225 with the shuttle. IMHO, too high.

I'm sure TNC would have some useful input as well.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by .Danno.
    The 215 is the stock length and will work fine as long as you use the shuttle.

The 222 requires you use the shuttle and will end up having a high bottom bracket and steep head angle. If you try and direct mount it (sans shuttle) the tire will hit the seat tube at bottom out.

The 241 direct mounted should be about the same geo as the 225 with the shuttle. IMHO, too high.

I'm sure TNC would have some useful input as well.
    cheers Danno
    TNC advised the 215 option also
    D