mtbr member
    Apr 2006

02 bullit - cant figure out the problem!

hey i have this 02 bullit that i love to ride but lately it has a different feel... it kind of steers more to the left - wanting to go left. i cant seem to figure out what is causing it as am left scratching my head. i hope this can be a simple fix as biking season is coming soon! if i cant get that steering thing taken care of then i would likely stick with my soul cycles hooligan. help me get back on my bullit!!!!!!

markymark

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by markymark33
    hey i have this 02 bullit that i love to ride but lately it has a different feel... it kind of steers more to the left - wanting to go left. i cant seem to figure out what is causing it as am left scratching my head. i hope this can be a simple fix as biking season is coming soon! if i cant get that steering thing taken care of then i would likely stick with my soul cycles hooligan. help me get back on my bullit!!!!!!

markymark
    In the automotive world steering pull comes from bad tires ??? swapt tires & while you are there make sure your wheel bearings are ok.

rider
    Feb 2008
    check your headset, head tube, fork and wheel?

Edit: check your rear swing arm too it might be bent to the left a bit.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Check your rear wheel is sitting in the drop outs correctly! Tighten QR or bolt when the bikes on the floor not in the stand.

TNC
    noMAD man
    What fork do you have on this Bullit? Has a crash possibly tweaked the fork at the hub or crown? Think back...what, if anything, might have happened just before you noticed this behavior. And that would include any work done to it...not just a crash.