mtbr member
    Mar 2008

01 / 02 bullit. Pivot axle, wrong size?

Can anyone verify the length of the axle for my early 02 bullit.

have been given the run around by jungle, the propack is out of stock, so it took them 3 weeks to send me the axle. Which doesnt fit.

just want to be sure before i shout at the monkeys from jungle,

the axle i have been sent is 65mm in length - when i insert this into the frame, only 2.5 mm protrudes either side, this doesnt seem far enough to me, as the allen bolts will only have a mm of thread to grab, and surely the axle should go nearly right through the bearings on eitherside, not by just 2.5mm

any help here appreciated, anyone got an axle for an 02 bullit, that they could measure? is it as i predict 70mm in length?

TNC
    noMAD man
    I thought the pivot axle on the '99 through '02 models were the same but apparently not. I thought the axle didn't change until about '03. Apparently you can't see the actual ends of the axle inside the nuts on yours? My '03 has a totally different setup with a cap nut type system which results in a much shorter axle. Obviously I can't measure it without taking it apart. I'd bet a call or e-mail to SC would get you the info. The axle on my '99 is 95mm long.