mtbr member
    Mar 2008

01/02 bullit- handling weird

Hey in need of a little help, i just got my 01/02 bullit built up, with marzocchi am sl forks, and the handling is well off.

when you steer, it tends to exagerate the steering input and turn more than you want. Feels very strange.

is this due to the offset of the fork??
    can i do anything about this?
    anyone recomend correct size forks?
    any good websites explaining bike geometry??

thanks guys

No e-drama please!!
    Dude, is your headset too tight ?. Or you need to learn how to get used to it & ride that mountainbike. I don't understand how your Bullit can't be anything but great with that fork ?
    I have had a very tall 2005 66RC on my Bullit & it never felt floppy or too tall. Also a Shiver DC felt fine. I have a Boxxer WC on it now & it's also great. Also tried a 130mm Z1FR & it's a ripper fork but a little too short & steep for me unless it's trail biking only.

What bikes have you rode before ?

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    hey thanks for askin but there aint nothin wrong with me bike handling skills!!!
    previous rides: chameleon, cove hustler

the bike is very noticibly handling weird, in a straight line its cool, but turn a little and it wants to turn o lot- in an uncontrolled kinda way- its not somthing that feels right at all

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    That's gotta be an overly tight headset - makes everything feel a little like you're riding through treacle.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    headset is just fine, it really feels like a geometry thing,

CAN YOU DIG IT??!!??!!!??
    01/02 Bullit...clarify. Old Bullit w/shuttle adjustment, or a new Bullit w/o shuttle ?????? If it's an old Bullit w/shuttle; move the shuttle to the forward (2) holes and it will raise the bb a lil bit and the fork won't be so floppy and prone to over steer. If it's a new Bullit...I got nothin' unless you got too long a stem on it. An all mtn fork shouldn't have a "floppy characteristic".
    "Why are you willing to take so much & leave others in need...just because you can?"

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Does it have a correct length shock on it? If its too short it will feel slack or floppy.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    its the old 2001/2002 model, not sure which year exactly, but doesnt have the reinforcing on headtube, Yes it has the adjustable shuttle- adjusted like you describe -

Unsure what the correct shock length should be, The one fitted is 200mm eye 2 eye, with a stroke of 50mm