mtbr member

Will new X fit on an old Moto Rapido?

Hopefully this is a dumb question. Just curious if there will be any problems using XX or the newest XTR/XT 2x10 components on a old black Moto Rapido? No clearance problems with the cranks? Anyone have pics of Moto Rapidos with XX/XTR drivetrains?

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Maybe the Salsa employed members of the forums can comment on which Q-Factor XX crank will work best, but other than that you should have no issues running either I think......

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Would be an epic bike! Post pics if you do it!!!

Fired Up, Here We Go
    Ask and you shall receive.

We were offered Salsa Ala Carte Ti Frames for the 2011 season by our LBS sponsor, but the geometry and ride of the Moto Rapido is perfect for me.

It's 1800 here in Australia, so this was the best shot I could do.

Full Dyna-Sys Race XTR, running 42/30 with 11-36t. Bike comes in at 9kg pictured.

Oh, and plenty of clearance with the stays and 30t chainring; you can easily go down to a 28t with no problems.
    Australian Defence Cycling Club - Team ARMY

mtbr member
    w00t! Thank you. When you have time could you take some more pictures and give us a list of the components.

mtbr member
    Now I want to put XX1 on the same frame, the old black Moto Rapido. It has a 68mm bottom bracket. Anyone know which q factor crank I need to clear the frame?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Fwiw, I put a 156q xx1 on my dos niner. I would imagine the 156q would fit the moto also

mtbr member
    I sent an email to Salsa. I don't want to buy anything until I know what works.

mtbr member
    They wrote me back today and said to go with the wider q factor just in case anyone else is interested.