Thread: vaya size

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

vaya size

5ft 7 inches with 32 inseam what would be recommended size?Sorry if this has been asked before

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    According to Salsa's website (which you've maybe already looked at) they're recommending either a 54 cm or a 55 cm...

Is there anyway you can test ride one? That can answer a lot of questions.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I am 5'10" with a 33 or so inseam, on a 55cm, stem is 100mm, a fair amount of seat post but not crazy. Bike is extremely comfortable for me. Flexibility will matter I am not super flexible. LBS that has alot of experience and are good people steered me into the 55 verses the 56. I took a 24 hr test ride on the 55 to make sure though.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    That's interesting---your seat must be above the bars quite a bit?

I'm just under 6', with a 34" inseam, and ride a 58 cm. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to test ride a Vaya, and I suspect I would've ended up with a smaller size had that been the case. I find the bike/size extremely comfortable, although I think I'm one of a very few with a mere 3" of seat post sticking out. (That may be a bit of an exaggeration, but not by much.)

It seems like with the Vaya there are at least a couple of sizes that will work with any given individual- but I'm no bike fit expert, either.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Just measured 8.25" to the saddle rail. Drop I think is 1.5"-2". With the sloping TT the stand over hight issues are negligible allowing one to go with a larger frame. I suspect on a 56 I would have noticed almost no difference other than a smaller HB drop. I use cowbells and am in the drops all the time so I think overall this has worked out pretty well.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Sounds good- I've barely got an inch of standover clearance with my 58 cm. Another sign my frame size is plenty big. Well hopefully some of this has been helpful to bnelson.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I am 5' 6" and am on a 54. I have a slightly shorter inseam than you and handlebars are about even with the saddle, maybe a little above. If you have a chance to try both (or either) that would be best. But if you have to just pick I would say the 54. Mine came stock with a shorter stem (maybe 80mm?) so you have some room for adjustment.