Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Vaya Builds

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by MileHighMark
    Can someone recommend a rim for 60% pavement & 40% dirt?
    I'm running the Mavic A317 Disc rims on my Vaya. I weigh 220. I've only had the Vaya a little over a week, and I've only put about 40 miles on it (after work only - I've been rained out last weekend and this morning), but those miles have included a fair amount of dirt and gravel. I don't have any reason at this point to doubt the strength or durability of the A317 - I don't hear spokes pinging like I do on my MTB with Bontrager rims. I have 700x38 tires that actually measure at 40mm, and the fit seems fine.

The A317 and the DT Swiss X470 should be almost exactly the same width (Mavic publishes the ETRTO size, which is inner width, while DT Swiss publishes the outer width), while the TN719 is a bit wider. I think the TN719 is wider than you need.

Between the A317 and the X470, looking at the construction profile, the A317 should be stronger, while the X470 is lighter - 470g vs. 540g. The A317 has double eyelets, while the X470 has single.

I'm sure you can't go wrong with either. I have no idea what any of these rims costs, so that is not a factor in my thinking here. I ended up with the A317 and Deore hubs because my LBS found a good deal on the wheels, and so far I'm quite happy with them.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I really like my Semi-29er rims. They might be overkill for road use, but I don't have to worry about them, no matter what the trail or the load. Also, they are welded, which is nice.

Ride Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by SAWS
    I'm running the Mavic A317 Disc rims on my Vaya. I weigh 220. I've only had the Vaya a little over a week, and I've only put about 40 miles on it (after work only - I've been rained out last weekend and this morning), but those miles have included a fair amount of dirt and gravel. I don't have any reason at this point to doubt the strength or durability of the A317 - I don't hear spokes pinging like I do on my MTB with Bontrager rims. I have 700x38 tires that actually measure at 40mm, and the fit seems fine.

The A317 and the DT Swiss X470 should be almost exactly the same width (Mavic publishes the ETRTO size, which is inner width, while DT Swiss publishes the outer width), while the TN719 is a bit wider. I think the TN719 is wider than you need.

Between the A317 and the X470, looking at the construction profile, the A317 should be stronger, while the X470 is lighter - 470g vs. 540g. The A317 has double eyelets, while the X470 has single.

I'm sure you can't go wrong with either. I have no idea what any of these rims costs, so that is not a factor in my thinking here. I ended up with the A317 and Deore hubs because my LBS found a good deal on the wheels, and so far I'm quite happy with them.
    I like the lighter weight of the DTs, but I noticed that DT has a rider limit of 90kg (according to their site). Of course, if Salsa is spec'ing them on all the 700c-equipped bikes, then they're probably fine.

I'm going to have Universal build up the wheels with some Sun/Ringle hubs that I have in the spare parts box.
    GRAVELBIKE.COM - ride everything

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I have just finished a Vaya (56cm) build up here in Sweden

Dura Ace bar end shifters
    Tektro RL520 brake levers
    Hayes MX4 disc bakes (avids later)
    Pro-Lite road handle bar (very nice feel)
    Shimano 105 triple crank
    Shimano 105 casette
    Shimano 105 Front Derailleur
    Shimano 105 Rear Derailleur
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vaya Builds-vaya1.jpg  

Vaya Builds-vaya2.jpg  

Vaya Builds-vaya3.jpg  

oh crap...
    Well folks...my build is coming together, and I was hoping to finish it on Saturday but life's calendar of events has thrown me for a loop. This build is potentially going to be my DK200 rig for my second attempt. However, on Saturday afternoon I snapped me neck skiing in Winter Park. Luckily it's a stable fracture to my C4 and C5, and I find out more from an MRI I should be getting today...so the bike remains partially built in the stand at my place in Fraser while I recuperate during my spring break as a teacher at my girlfriend's place here in Boulder. We'll see what the doctor says, but I'll be surprised if my neck will be strong enough after 6 weeks in a brace to attempt 200 miles on gravel. I should be cleared to ride the stationary bike...but most likely I'll be putting my spot up for sale on the Endurance Racing forum. The field of riders has increased to 300 some participants, so there isn't a waiting list like there was in the past. I'll keep you all posted and send a photo of the partial build if my roommate can take one for me.

Have fun out there on your bikes! I'm envious! They all look like great builds!
    Grow some food for yourself.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

I'll play

Pretty stock build for the most part.

Added:
    Salsa skewers
    Eggbeaters
    Thomson stem
    Brooks saddle
    It came with a 80mm stem which I just swapped for a 90. Not much of a difference in size but made a huge dif in feel. Other than that not played with fit much.

Bike is the sheyacht from all initial impressions. Have not put a ton of miles on it, but it has been real fun. Have not ridden a drop bar bike in ages.
    Strange as it is to say, I dont see my niner MCR that I built up getting much exercise unless it I'm hitting mainly trails and rough ones at that. May even steal the erikson seatpost I put on it for the vaya.

Ride Everything
    How are the road BB7s working with the Shimano and SRAM levers? Enough cable pull, or would it be wise to consider the Tektro v-brake (drop bar) levers?

mtbr member
    May 2007
    How are the road BB7s working with the Shimano and SRAM levers? Enough cable pull, or would it be wise to consider the Tektro v-brake (drop bar) levers?
    Working fine with my SRAM Rivals, but I have cross top levers, too and I've heard that helps for whatever reason.

Ride Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by ryball
    Working fine with my SRAM Rivals, but I have cross top levers, too and I've heard that helps for whatever reason.
    Interesting. I wonder if it's due to "segmenting" the housing or changing the leverage/cable-pull.

I have a pair of Campy Record levers that seem to pull more cable than the ubiquitous Tektro RL-200s, so I'm hoping that they'll be a better match for the road BB7s.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I built mine with SRAM Apex and BB7's. The stopping power is great from the hoods or drops. I don't have cross levers, although I may install some yet. I really like the ease of adjustment on the BB7's too - my front was rubbing after my first couple of rides, and just a few clicks had the pads the perfect distance from the rotor again.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Flipped my bar and dropped the stem.. gonna cut the steerer tomorrow.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Nice!

Ride Everything
    My Vaya should start coming together this weekend. Here's the build list:

Frame/fork: 2011 Salsa Vaya, 57cm, charcoal
    Headset: Cane Creek S-3
    Crankset: Sugino XD2, 170mm, 24/36/46
    BB: Velo Orange sealed
    Pedals: Speedplay Frog, stainless
    Chain: SRAM PC-971
    Cassette: Shimano SLX, 11-32 (9-speed)
    Shifters: Shimano Dura-Ace barcon
    Front der: Shimano Deore II (NOS)
    Rear der: Shimano Deore XT M751 (NOS)
    Hubs: Sun/Ringle Dirty Flea
    Spokes: DT Swiss DB
    Rims: Sun/Ringle Equalizer 23, 32h
    Tires: Vittoria Randonneur Hyper, 700x37
    Brakes: Avid BB7 road, 160mm rotors
    Levers: Campagnolo Record carbon
    Seatpost: Velo Orange
    Saddle: Selle An-Atomica
    Stem: Velo Orange, 17-deg, 31.8mm
    Bars: Ritchey Classic Curve, 44cm

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    It's coming together. Waiting on a few parts. Wow the bottom bracket is low (or maybe I'm just used to my 29er MTB!)

Bontrager RL Wheels, Schwalbe Marathon XR, Avid BB7, SRAM Apex R.Der, Apex Crank, Apex shifters, SRAM Force F.Der, ThudBuster ST Seatpost, Terry Fly Ti Saddle, King Headset, Salsa Bell Lap Bars.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vaya Builds-vaya.jpg  

Last edited by sklevorn; 04-11-2011 at 07:33 AM. Reason: add pic

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I like the color from last year. The blue in the Salsa logo is an awesome compliment. Also, looks great with a Honey Brooks.

Both of the '11 colors seem to compliment with black seat, stem, bars more, but I prefer the silver and honey combo. Anybody have a build of the new Orange or Charcoal that doesn't have the black trim?

The light blue/gray Casseroll would look great with honey saddle and matching bar tape.

Ride Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeThePlanet
    I like the color from last year. The blue in the Salsa logo is an awesome compliment. Also, looks great with a Honey Brooks.

Both of the '11 colors seem to compliment with black seat, stem, bars more, but I prefer the silver and honey combo. Anybody have a build of the new Orange or Charcoal that doesn't have the black trim?

The light blue/gray Casseroll would look great with honey saddle and matching bar tape.
    I'm building up a charcoal frameset with silver cranks, bar, stem, headset, seatpost, and derailleurs.

Ride Everything
    I had the LBS install the headset today. Left the steerer uncut so that I could experiment with different stem heights.

Excuse the crappy photo, BTW.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I had the LBS install the headset today. Left the steerer uncut so that I could experiment with different stem heights.

Excuse the crappy photo, BTW.
    can't wait to see it when done.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    The Vaya in "adventure" mode. Mounted some WTB All Terrain 700x37 tires. Also swapped out the Brooks for a Selle SMP that I normally ride. Haven't adjusted it yet. Sits lower than the springer Brooks, but wanted to snap a quick pic with the cell phone. Doing a 20 mile ride tonight. Pavement, dirt, rain, etc.

I much prefer the looks of the brooks. Ill put it on my cruiser until it breaks in and then maybe back on the Vaya

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Also, forgot to mention that I added a set of A317 rims with XT hubs. Took it for a quick 15 mile ride in the rain yesterday and while I'll never set speed records on it, it was a very stable and comfortable ride.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry66

I much prefer the looks of the brooks. Ill put it on my cruiser until it breaks in and then maybe back on the Vaya
    I recommend getting it soaking wet, then riding it for a bit. Like, totally waterlogged. I left my bike in the rain once when I had the Brooks for a while already, and it was very soft when I rode home. The next day, it was perfectly shaped to my ass and has been perfect ever since (many miles later). Of course, get some leather conditioner on there after too.

This is probably best done on your Vaya, not the cruiser, because likely your riding (and thus ass) position are a little different on each.

Enjoyin' life....
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry66
    Pick up a 15 oz bottle of this stuff called Leather Honey, Amazon has it and they have a store online as well. Leatherhoney.com I think.

Follow the directions which is take a clean cloth and wipe down the leather with it. Leave it for 24 hrs and wipe off excess, then ride. Both of my brand new Brooks saddles were instantly broken in after the first ride. I use the can of Proofhide as a hockey puck in the garage now.
    Wally

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

On the "If I could only have one bike" short list!

Took it for a 30 mile shakedown ride and it was a blast. Handles great. Steering suprisingly fast for the geometry.

Route included bike path, dirt road, two track, single track, train track (only a mile), a stream crossing, loose sand, and some hike-a-bike.

Salsa Vaya 57cm frame
    Bontrager RL 29er Wheels
    Schwalbe Marathon XR 35c folding
    Q-tubes 700x35-43
    Some steel skewers from the parts pile
    Avid BB7 road brakes
    SRAM Apex R.Der
    SRAM Force F.Der
    SRAM Apex Crank with 48x34 rings
    SRAM GXP BB
    Jagwire cables and housing
    SRAM Apex shifters
    Shimano HG8110 11-36 10spd Cassette
    Shimano CN-HG74 Chain
    Shimano cable housing stop (downtube)
    ThudBuster ST Seatpost
    Terry Fly Ti Saddle
    Chris King Headset
    45mm of headset spacers (fork is uncut)
    Salsa Bell Lap Bars 46cm 31.8 clamp
    Salsa Gel cork tape
    Bontrager buzz-kill bar end plugs
    Two King stainless steel bottle cages
    Bontrager RL 100mm Stem
    Shimano M520 SPD
    Some fogging oil in the frame and some anti-seize here and there

24 pounds 11 ounces plus one pound of pedals and bottle cages = 25 11 complete. Not bad for bombproof!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vaya Builds-vayabuilt.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

In the city and in the woods

posted a while back, but couldn't find my post and refused to take my pics. Here's another attempt.

Pretty stock build, swapped a few parts here and there. Had a thomson post laying about, obligatory brooks b17, some salsa skewers, slightly longer stem and thats about it.

Sharp looking bike, thought I would want the charcoal, but digging the brown. Do wish the graphics were distilled down to just the salsa lettering. Not a big fan of the tribal motif and def not feeling the Keith Haring(ish) design on the new rides. Nothing against Harings art, just dont like it on a bike.

Love the versatility and comfort of the bike. Haven't tried it on a very technical trail yet and not sure I will intentionally do so - would rather sport the niner.

Using it to commute and to get from city to fire roads and back without dealing with the car.

Vaya con dios, muchachos we ride! sorry, couldn't resist
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vaya Builds-vaya1.jpg  

Vaya Builds-vaya2.jpg  

Last edited by seebee; 04-15-2011 at 01:06 PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    From what I've seen, I think the original dark brown is my favorite of the 3 colors. Not that I'd turn down any of the others if someone wanted to give me one.

Did I catch a niner+?
    For you guys using compacts in the dirt how is that working out for you? I currently have mountain gearing on my bike but got a sweet deal on a Shimano 105 compact crankset 50/34 on the rear it's MTN 11-32.
    Mr. Krabs: Is it true, Squidward? Is it hilarious?

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pink57
    For you guys using compacts in the dirt how is that working out for you? I currently have mountain gearing on my bike but got a sweet deal on a Shimano 105 compact crankset 50/34 on the rear it's MTN 11-32.
    50/36 Truvativ 10speed, 12-36 SLX 9speed, XT 9speed RD, Sora 2X FD, SRAM 9speed chain, 9speed bar-end shifters. Works awesome.

Ride Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pink57
    I'm considering switching from a triple to a compact double. The triple is 24/36/46, and I'm looking at a 34/46 or 34/48 double. I'd change the cassette from an 11-32 to an 11-34 so I could a get a 1:1 low gear. The only thing that concerns me is how quickly the 34t chainring would wear.

Ride Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by sklevorn
    Took it for a 30 mile shakedown ride and it was a blast. Handles great. Steering suprisingly fast for the geometry.

Route included bike path, dirt road, two track, single track, train track (only a mile), a stream crossing, loose sand, and some hike-a-bike.

Salsa Vaya 57cm frame
    Bontrager RL 29er Wheels
    Schwalbe Marathon XR 35c folding
    Q-tubes 700x35-43
    Some steel skewers from the parts pile
    Avid BB7 road brakes
    SRAM Apex R.Der
    SRAM Force F.Der
    SRAM Apex Crank with 48x34 rings
    SRAM GXP BB
    Jagwire cables and housing
    SRAM Apex shifters
    Shimano HG8110 11-36 10spd Cassette
    Shimano CN-HG74 Chain
    Shimano cable housing stop (downtube)
    ThudBuster ST Seatpost
    Terry Fly Ti Saddle
    Chris King Headset
    45mm of headset spacers (fork is uncut)
    Salsa Bell Lap Bars 46cm 31.8 clamp
    Salsa Gel cork tape
    Bontrager buzz-kill bar end plugs
    Two King stainless steel bottle cages
    Bontrager RL 100mm Stem
    Shimano M520 SPD
    Some fogging oil in the frame and some anti-seize here and there

24 pounds 11 ounces plus one pound of pedals and bottle cages = 25 11 complete. Not bad for bombproof!
    That looks fantastic! How do you like the Schwalbe tires on pavement? Do they run true to size?

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

and on my daily commute:

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    My Vaya should start coming together this weekend. Here's the build list:
    Tires: Vittoria Randonneur Hyper, 700x37
    MHM - Do you have your Vaya together yet? I've been looking around at slickish tires to replace the WTB Pathways I have on mine, and it came down to your choice, the Vittoria Randonneur Hyper, and the Panaracer RiBMo. I just had my LBS order the Hyper this morning. I went with the 35c, which I understand is actually more like 36.5mm on a rim a bit wider than the typical road rim.

I was just wondering what your experience has been - you know, looking to validate my decision. I ended up settling on the Hyper because it is lighter than the RiBMo, and I've read some good reviews of its ride quality. Sounds like the RiBMo might be more durable, but I have yet to own a bike long enough to go through a lot of tires, so I'm not too worried about that aspect.

The WTB's are heavy and the tread makes for iffy cornering on pavement. Right now I'm riding more asphalt than I would have thought, although mostly bad asphalt.

mtbr member
    May 2010

Vaytanium

Just picked up my Vaytanium today from Tobie, Ari and the boys at North Central Cyclery, in Dekalb, IL.

It started with a simple vision...drop bars, disc brakes, lightweight, do-all bike. Mounts for fenders and racks. Comfortable geometry for just about any riding one can imagine. Dream components...build it right, once.

Ari steered me towards a Ti-Vaya...and he was right on the money. With the above-listed goals in mind, the build went from there.

King hubs, front and rear, and King headset.
    Sram Rival drivetrain, with 11-32 cassette and 36-46 compact crankset.
    BB-7 Road disc brakes.
    Kent Eriksen Sweetpost Ti seatpost.
    Fizik Alliante XM saddle.
    Deda stem and Deda RHM-02 drop bars, with gel wrap. (The bars have a 'flattened' profile at the top).
    Crank Brothers Candy (3) pedals.
    Salsa skewers.
    Kingcage titanium bottle cages.
    After much searching, a Winwood Muddy Cross Disc-compatible carbon fork.
    Continental Cyclocross Speed clinchers in 700x35c
    Velocity A23 rims, hand-laced to the above-mentioned King hubs by Ari.
    A little (hopefully tasteful) blue annodizing, to set off the Ti parts...

Those are the highpoints. Allow me to apologize in advance for the crappy pics (iPhone) and for the gaudy seatpost bag and Garmin mounted...I promise that proper pics will follow in a week or two, when I get a minute. Tonight, I couldn't wait to take her out for a ride...and a 5 mile jaunt turned into a 30 mile cruise. The ride--amazing. My previous road-esque bikes have been aluminum (Trek FX 7.6) or carbon (Scattante CFR Race). Titanium rides totally different. I'm having a hard time describing it...maybe taut? You know the feeling that a properly tuned guitar string has, before you strum it? Not a vibration...but taut. Crappy roads get filtered out. Big hits get softened. But it doesn't feel noodly or spongy at all. The winwood fork is probably a bit stiffer than it needs to be for casual riding...but if you push the bike, it is amazingly responsive (and yet the geometry is such that it is not a nervous bike at all...it's happy to be ridden hard and stomped on, or to just cruise along. It really seems like the kind of bike that you could really put the miles on). Pushing it to the limits of adhesion on low-traction surfaces, the tires break away in a linear, easily predictable fashion. On hard surfaces, the Contis roll fast. That's about all the detail I can give in one night's ride.

As shown (with Garmin, but without seatbag), it weighs around 20# (edited...realized scale wasn't properly zeroed). By comparison, my Scattante is just over 18# similarly configured. The Velocity A23s seem to be both stiffer and lighter than the Mavic Aksiums on the Scattante. Anything else?

Oh...you want to see some pictures...

side by , on Flickr

rearkinghub by , on Flickr

sweetpost by , on Flickr

dedastem by , on Flickr

kingcage by , on Flickr

frontkinghub by , on Flickr

winwoodfork by , on Flickr

dedarhm02 by , on Flickr

aliantexm by , on Flickr

reargeartrain by , on Flickr

crankset by , on Flickr
    Last edited by lawfarm; 04-28-2011 at 09:52 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    well damn, my vaya just turned green. Guess I can take some solace in having saved a few bucks!? hmmm, I'll try that line later, aint working at the moment.

Real nice build Mistah lawfarm. Tasty little blue bits and all stops pulled.

Ride Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by SAWS
    MHM - Do you have your Vaya together yet? I've been looking around at slickish tires to replace the WTB Pathways I have on mine, and it came down to your choice, the Vittoria Randonneur Hyper, and the Panaracer RiBMo. I just had my LBS order the Hyper this morning. I went with the 35c, which I understand is actually more like 36.5mm on a rim a bit wider than the typical road rim.

I was just wondering what your experience has been - you know, looking to validate my decision. I ended up settling on the Hyper because it is lighter than the RiBMo, and I've read some good reviews of its ride quality. Sounds like the RiBMo might be more durable, but I have yet to own a bike long enough to go through a lot of tires, so I'm not too worried about that aspect.

The WTB's are heavy and the tread makes for iffy cornering on pavement. Right now I'm riding more asphalt than I would have thought, although mostly bad asphalt.
    I haven't finished building the Vaya. Ran into a hitch with a couple of parts, and had to order some replacements (stuff I transferred over from my SOMA).

The 700x35 Hyper measures 36.5mm on a 24mm (Velocity Dyad) rim, and 35mm on a 23mm (Sun Equalizer) rim. Lots of flotation, and reasonably fast on pavement. A little dicey in loose conditions, but what slick isn't?

I just received a pair of Serfas Vida Hybrid tires to review, so I'll probably put those on before I finish the Vaya's build.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Hello all Vayans. I am about to take the plunge early next week and order a 58cm Vaya frame in orange.

Its first purpose is to be a comfortable commuter with a Topeak rack and pannier combo. In the longer term a few long country road rides beckon.

Unlike most people using these primarily for touring I have a strong preference for flat bars over drop bars for my commuting. I have a few concerns about the top tube being a bit short for flat bars, but I have ordered a size larger than I would for running drops and plan to run a 120mm stem. This will make my cockpit about 25mm shorter than my current commuter, a Canondale Bad Boy Alfine. I think this will be quite acceptable and perhaps even more comfortable than my current setup.

My build plan includes a combination of bits I already have and a few that I will need to buy.

Cranks XT M771 26/36/48
    Brake and Shifters XT M775 dual control hydraulic discs (to buy)
    FD XTR M971
    RD XT M770 Rapid Rise (to buy)
    For commuting
    Mavic Open Pro rims on XTR centrelock hubs
    Cassette Ultegra 12-27
    Tyres Vittoria Radonneur Hyper 700x35

Finally a carbon fork would be nice. I see the WInwood on the Vaytanium and I see the Trigons are available on ebay. Anything else that I can land in Australia for a decent price would be of interest.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ozynigma

Finally a carbon fork would be nice. I see the WInwood on the Vaytanium and I see the Trigons are available on ebay. Anything else that I can land in Australia for a decent price would be of interest.
    The Winwood is no longer made...if you can find one, I like it a lot.

The Trigons seem to be a good option.

Wound Up also makes one, but it's pricey (and the disc brake mount is, in my opinion, kludgey). I wanna say they want around $600.
    http://www.woundupcomposites.com/team_x_disc.html

Nashbar sells one as well:
    http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/Product...1_10000_200456

That one is supposed to be in stock next week, and runs around $120...pretty hard to beat, and it gets good reviews.

Finally, if you have a local Trek dealer, the Trek Portland sports a carbon, disc-friendly fork...I'm pretty curious if one could order just the fork (as a Portland part), and what the price would be.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Thanks lawfarm. I will see if I can get the Nashbar sent overseas.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Thanks lawfarm. I will see if I can get the Nashbar sent overseas.
    If you can't, drop me a PM. That's a pretty rockstar price...I'm happy to see what it would cost for me to buy one, have it shipped to me, and then I'll send it to you. If I sent it USPS, it would probably be pretty cheap, and the Nashbar ones get good reviews. They were going to be my 2nd choice, if the Winwood didn't work out. (Couldn't get past the look of the disc brake mount on the Wound Up).

Ride Everything
    I almost finished building up my Vaya today, and I was immediately reminded that I really don't like the stock semi-metallic pads. Time to grab a couple sets of the organic pads.

Ride Everything
    Just need to tape the 'bars and it'll be good to go:

Apologies for the crummy iPhone photo.

I'm probably going to replace the seatpost with either a Ritchey Classic, Paul, or Nitto.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Nice looking bike! What bars are you running on that Vaya?
    Where's BAKERSFIELD?

Ride Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by GRUMP73
    Nice looking bike! What bars are you running on that Vaya?
    Ritchey Classic Silver (31.8 x 440).

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Hello all Vayans. I am about to take the plunge early next week and order a 58cm Vaya frame in orange.
    Well I got some bad news from the Australian distributor via my local bike shop.

No 2011 Vaya framesets in orange being imported to Australia till around November 2011.

I can only get last years model in brown.

I might have to investigate a private import ...

I wonder what my chances of getting a ti frame instead are?

just ride

Here is mine

Here one of my two Vayas - this one is "go fast"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vaya Builds-vaya2.jpg  

Vaya Builds-vaya1.jpg  

Steel is Real: www.advocatecycles.com
    Tires for real rides: www.terrenetires.com

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    That's awesome!

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Hi

A question. Is it completely necesary to install barrel adjust with BB7 Road with road levers style? I found one of this barrel adjust in the box, but in the other box of the BB7 thare wasn´t

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Yes, the BB7s need a barrel adjuster. BB5s do not.

Ride Everything
    Ready for adventure:

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Nice!

My bike will be very similar than yours, MileHighMark, I´ll post here.
    I was thinking in put the cable of the end bar under the tape (stetic only)
    Last edited by kasius; 05-05-2011 at 03:48 PM.

rth009
    May 2010
    I asked my LBS about putting the bar end shifter cable under the tape for aesthetic purposes, but they told me it was not really feasible because of the turns would bind the cable and make it shift horrible.

Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast