Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 384445464748
Results 2,351 to 2,353 of 2353

Thread: Vaya Builds

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Car View Post
    For those of you with the vaya travel and alternator dropouts, how do you attach fenders? I can't seem to find any fender mounts.

Anyone have pictures? Do I need another part?

I bought Planet Bike ATB Cascadia Fenders if it makes a difference.
    I use some rubber-lined clamps that attach to the seat stay right above where it attaches to the drop out. They're offered by several brands.

I bought the alternator drop-outs with the fender attachment, but the disc brake is right in the way of the fender struts. Like, completely in the way, so I'd have to bend the damn strut like origami or fashion something custom. So I don't really use them. The chainstay attachment works better.

HTH
    Yamaguchi School Cyclocross • 907 Fat Bike • Salsa Vaya Travel

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Simonns View Post
    Well I'm bummed to say that after roughly 30,000 commuter miles my 2010 Vaya decided to call it quits. I found this on my ride home from work this afternoon after a new creak and a progressively worse wobble in my ride
    Holy crap. That's amazing. I'd say you earned a new bike!

mtbr member
    New tire day for the Vaya. These smooth rolling Compass tires replace the old tire of choice Clement X'Plor mso's. I like the Clement's on gravel but they wear quickly on paved trail. Hoping for more miles out of the big Barlow Pass tires.

Vaya Builds-newtires.jpg

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 384445464748