mtbr member
    Oct 2007

used Caballero sizing advice

I'm looking at a used small Cabellero on ebay. I'm between 5'7-5'8 and I read that the Cabellero and El Santo's had the same (or very close) geometries. Based on info from the Salsa website on the El Santo, the SO would be perfect but the ETT is pretty short in comparison. Any thoughts on whether this is too small for my height or any other good/bad experience with the small? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Bought an 18", seller said it was 16". I'm 5-7 1/2 and the 18" fits good. Any smaller and the top tube would be too short for me.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    FWIW, I've been trying to wrap my brain around Salsa's recommended sizing charts. Im between 5'8 and 5'9. They put me on a small every time. The ETT is always on the short side from what I would normally choose.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mnigro
    FWIW, I've been trying to wrap my brain around Salsa's recommended sizing charts. Im between 5'8 and 5'9. They put me on a small every time. The ETT is always on the short side from what I would normally choose.
    I have enough standover on my 18". I use a 120 stem and 720mm bars and it fits me like a glove.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    thanks 1niceride!!!