indigosky

Torque specs for Pro Moto Carbon Riser bar

Anybody know the torque specs for stems for the Pro Moto Carbon Riser bar? Should I just follow the Thomson torque specs since that is the stem I'm running?

I keep my brake levers loose enought to spin in a crash, so I'm not worried about over-torquing those...

Thanks.

just ride
    Torque specs are typically derived from the stem that is being used, as torque on the bolt head is a function of bolt threads, type, number, face plate material, etc. In addition, keep in mind that those are maximum values when we talk about pinch-type applications. If you can get away with a little less, that is ok. I would suggest using something like Tacx gripping paste to be able to use a little less torque, and still maintain a positive grip.

Ride and Smile!
    Tim, Salsa Cycles
    MTBR Disclaimer: I work for Salsa Cycles
    Ride: www.chequamegon100.com

indigosky
    Thanks Tim, that paste exactly what I was looking for (and didn't know existed).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by indigosky
    Thanks Tim, that paste exactly what I was looking for (and didn't know existed).
    You are welcome. LU2021 is the QBP number, so most of your local bike shops can order it for you. Retail is around $17 for enough to last you for years.

Ride and Smile!
    Tim, Salsa Cycles
    Adventure by Bike

Check out our blog!

Members who have read this thread: 0