get down!

Ti La Cruz rear brake routing question (cable stops on the right side of the top tube

Well, putting the final touches on my Ti La Cruz and noticed that the cable stops on the top tube of mine (59cm) are on the right side of the top tube. This is even more of a pain in the butt because the brakes I'm using are TRP mini v-brakes with a curve shaped noodle.

Does anyone else have this problem? Or is this NOT a problem (to anyone else except me).

Thanks in advance..please post pics if you have them handy, I'll take some and post them after work.
    Rudy Projects look ridiculous

visit my blog, BEATS, BIKES & LIFE

get down!

Here are a few pictures.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    run the cable like normal, but instead of passing the seatpost clamp on the drive side run it on the non drive side of the seatpost clamp. I would also suggest a compression resistant cable.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    It's like that because most 'cross riders shoulder their bike on their right shoulder (left/non-driveside of bike) so having the stops on the right of the top tube helps prevent rubbing your neck or whatever else on them while carrying.
    Don't worry about the routing though, housing is flexible for a reason. Route the housing to the noodle to the other side of the seat post. Or, keep it to the right and get a noodle with a sharper bend. Back when V-brakes first came out, they always came with two noodles (90 and 135 degrees) for just this reason. Don't sweat it. Looks like a sweet bike you're building by the way!

get down!
    Thanks! That makes a lot of sense, I appreciate the response and explanation.