mtbr member
    May 2013

Stolen in Atlanta - 2013 El Mariachi 2 (Large)

I am new to the forum, hoping to get a little help. Someone broke into my garage on Thursday and stole my 4 month old 2013 El Mar 2 Large. I am crushed. It's got a Thomson slant seatpost, WTB laser V saddle, Easton AL Monkeybar riser and Shimano M520 pedals. This forum inspired me to buy this bike and hopefully it pops up somewhere on craigslist or ebay. I have the serial number. Keep your eyes peeled.

Stolen in Atlanta - 2013 El Mariachi 2 (Large)-salsa.jpg

two wheel whore
    Oh man, does homeowner's cover this? Maybe you should have this moved to GD or Passion where it'll get more looks.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Contact your homeowners w. all your paperwork. Minus the deductible you should get your $$ make.

Too Kool for Skool
    Saw one of these rolling down Dekalb Ave = around the King/Memorial and turn up Boulevard the other day and thought something looked fishy. I'll keep my eyes peeled for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by coma13
    it's short but it's pretty.... just like a guatemalan hooker...

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Please call Atlanta PD if you spot it. They have the serial number.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Bike recovered unharmed thanks to a bunch of flyers and a reward - Unbelievable!

mtbr member
    That's Great news! Congrats on getting your bike back!

two wheel whore
    So what's the story? Congrats!

mtbr member
    May 2013
    So here is the story - I made a flyer with a reward for the return and posted them in about fifteen businesses in the general area (Boulevard in ATL) mentioned earlier in this thread. I hit the local bike shops, the SOPO co-op and a pawn shop and spread it all over Facebook. I also flagged down a couple cops in the area to ask them to look for it. The next day, I get a call from a guy that tells me he bought it for $50, saw my flyer and wanted to get it back to me. He sounded legit so I arranged to meet him on Boulevard last night, grabbing a friend to join me just to be safe. Thankfully, a cop was sitting in his patrol car across the street when I arrived, I told him what I was doing and asked him to stick around. He did and the guy came around the corner with my bike. I gave him $100 and took it back. I don't think the guy who had the bike stole it but who knows? He called me with his cell phone and did not bat an eye when he saw me standing next to a police car. I did not ask any questions, I just wanted the bike and wanted to get out of there quickly. I am still shocked I got it back. Big thanks to this forum and theg1ant posting above to help narrow my search.

mtbr member
    great news, I'm happy for you!