mtbr member
    Jan 2011

Spearfish 1 w/Pushed RP 2

Thought I had my SF 1 working well after a lot of fiddling with the stock RP 2 rear shock. The rear shock needed a rebuild (1+ year of abuse) so I sent it to Push. I knew that I wanted "more" ProPedal and more rebound. Got the shock back and much to my delight the improvement is even more dramatic then I imagined it would be. Now, with the ProPedal "on" the bike is quite firm with no "Monkey Motion" at all. It feels very efficient and actually controls the wheel through fast rough, rocky sections much better (the re-valved rebound damping is a big part of this). I am faster with more control which should mean less fatigue. And when I want more cush, ie, riding less aggressively I can turn the ProPedal off.

Sorry I did not do this a year ago when I originally thought about it.
    Last edited by Dambala; 09-17-2013 at 07:29 AM.

mtbr member
    That's exactly what I want to do to mine. Gotta save the $ want to do the fork also.

mtbr member
    If you don't mind me asking how much air do you run in your shock?

mtbr member
    I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to do with mine. If I keep it I would really like to change the rear shock to a fox or get an XX with the lock out.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I have the xx lock out shock on my SF1 and I only did one lap at the Wausau 24 hour, I did my first two laps on my HT bike I hurt my back the week before so I quit the race that day. my back is a little better and the DR. said I can get back on the bike but I have been working to much and I'm now going to sell my Spearfish and my Mamasita and get the new Spearfish 1.

If I was going to do the rear shock on my bike again and I would if I was going to keep it I would put the Fox CTD with the remote, What I don't like about the rock shox is that it locks all the way out so I liked my RP 2 better other than it doesn't have the remote,the RS xloc is good on the fire roads & full open it was just as good as the RP 2 but when I was going up on the rooty rocky climbs and I had the RS locked I got bounced al over the place.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by fixgeardan View Post
    If you don't mind me asking how much air do you run in your shock?
    I am still fine tuning the shock but about 135-140 PSI is working well. I'm 205lbs on the bike.

mtbr member
    My shock and fork may be going to push next week. Counting pennies.