mtbr member
    Nov 2013

Should I buy 2013 El Mariachi 3?

Calling all El Mariachi owners! I am a relative newbie to MTBR however I just wanted some advice. I have always loved the El Mariachi however interestingly never got round to actually buying one! So when recently I was offered a brand spanking new 2013 Salsa El Mariachi 3 in my size at a greatly reduced price it made me very keen to pull the trigger and get one! I was wondering whether any El Mariachi owners (especially those in ownership of the model of which I speak) could give their honest opinions of the ride and spec and give me any advice on whether anything is so naff it'll need replacing as soon as I buy! I am buying with the intention of ugrading as and when my budget allows. Any thoughts and advice will be greatly appreciated! Look forward to hearing from you guys!

Cheers, Tom

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Got the 3 in the 2014 model, it rides great, yea I'd say the 2013 is just as sweet. I rode it but opted for the 14 , I do like the 2014 bars better and the color was a factor, although the red is pretty cool. Yea if it's priced right , get it!

Trail Prospector
    After much research, I found one for a friend.

IMO Best bang for the $$ - get it while you can.
    The best is the one you want to ride most often..

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Cheers guys! Placed the order yesterday so I should have a shiny new El Mar next week! I've fallen completely for the red colour, its a stunning looking bike! Was a bit sceptical about the Manitou Towers but have been told they're affordable and reliable so I'll just have to wait and see. Plan is to get a set of Rebas if I don't get on with the Manitou, would be nice to have a 15mm through axle and a tapered headtube to stiffen things up at the front. @Special eyes - I do love the baby blue of the 2014 but I'm in the UK and for some reason we are only getting the El Mar in the SS full build or frame only option which sucks! @Flyin_W - Is that an xs? Looks like a trail killing machine! Loving the 1x10 setup!

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I have a 2013 and love it. Saw a deal on the El Mar 3 recently and if I had the $$$ I would f picked one up for my wife/daughter to share.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Should I buy 2013 El Mariachi 3?

I recently picked up a 2013 El Mar 3 for under $1k shipped. Converted to 1x10 and was able to pick up a Tower Pro. I put the Expert on my wife's bike. I'm pumped to get out and ride this bad boy.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Seams to be the most recent El M thread. Just picked up a 2014 SS. All I need is good weather!

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    The Manitou fork is nice, it's plush

and has a definitive lock-out