mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Selma Ti limited

So with the 2013 El Mariachi Ti going overseas and gaining an Alternator dropout, the USA made Selma Ti is not more (had only a 2012 run)

Any idea on how many of these frames were made?
    Might it go down as one of the sweetest hard tails ever for SS use, or will the redesigned 2013 El Mariachi Ti out perform it?
    Selma Ti.

Made in China
    Jan 2006
    It is sad that they will go to lower cost manufacturing overseas and yet charge the same amount if not more! I refuse to buy the over sea version.

Saw a Salma Ti frame on ebay and it can be had for a pretty price actually.
    "Didn't your doctor tell you to stop smoking and drinking?" George Burns "Yes but they all died"

LFJ
    mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Agree. It is really a shame that they moved production out of the US and still will charge the same if not more.

rider
    Quote Originally Posted by duke777 View Post
    Saw a Salma Ti frame on ebay and it can be had for a pretty price actually.
    The one that you have for sale on eBay?
    Salsa Salma Ti Limited Single Speed Only 29er Frame,made in the USA by Lynskey! | eBay

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Anyone actually ridden one and have feedback to compare to a Lynskey or other Ti SS?

Made in China
    Jan 2006
    I have 2012 lynskey prototype and tried the salma and Rajin. All 3 are pretty close in how they ride. Geo is different as the salma is a bit quicker with salsa geo, Rajin is slacker and more aggressive and the lynskey is somewhere in the middle.
    "Didn't your doctor tell you to stop smoking and drinking?" George Burns "Yes but they all died"

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I really like the ride of the Selma. The only other Ti I've ridden is a Dean Colonel 26er, which can't compare due to small wheel size.

Supposedly the Selma frame is on the heavier side compared to other high-end Ti (and '13 Salsa El Mariachi Ti) , but the ride quality is excellent and geo is spot-on for my techi new england needs.
    The welds are beautiful, alternator dropouts are simple and provide option for 142x12 rear thru-axel.
    Selma Ti.