mtbr member

New question here. Seatpost length for El Mariachi

I'm waiting for my 2012 El Mariachi M (17) frame to come.

I'm enterested what seatpost length do you guys use on your bikes.

I'm 5,10 (176mm) tall and have 350mm long 27,2 syntace P6 layig in the garage (min insert is 90mm).So i'm wondering will it fit and maintain anough seat high.

Any ideas are appreciated.

mtbr member
    At 6 ft, you may find that a bit short. I'm 5ft 7 and I'm about to order a medium El Mariachi after confirming size with a test ride.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Sorry man - my mistake: I'm 5 feet 10 inches tall.

mtbr member
    I used syntace seatpost on my first bike. Then i moved to giant XTC 18'' with 30,9 post and bought thomson elite. Now I'm back to 27,2. I have measured both posts (one being mounted on giant in riding position) - it seems (consireding 1 inch difference in the seat tube length between XTC and EL Mar) that syntace should fit, being adjusted somewhere near the ''minimum insert'' point.

What are your suggestions?

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    I'm similar in height to you, and have a M 2008 El Mar. I replaced the post with a Thudbuster, and went with the 400mm. I like to have as much post in the tube as I can for frame stress purposes.

mtbr member
    Thanks for your input!

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I'm 5'10" on a 2012 M el mariachi. I have a Thomson 400mm Thomson post at max extension. The stock Salsa promoto post is 410 IIRC. I don't think 350 is going to to be long enough for you. Depends on inseam length and riding style too.

mtbr member
    Thanks, Ol' Grey Pug. Maybe you're right. Will see, when the bike will be completed. If the post will be too short I can buy a longer one, if not - everithig is going to be OK. I usually don't adjust the saddle to be very high (my legs are bended a little at the highst point).