Wandering not Lost

Salsa's New Ti Seatpost

Post looks sharp but there are no sizes listed on the site, I assume 27.2 would be one of them but anyone know if there are plans for a bigger diameter?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Just 27.2 is available. That's what all their frames are. 30.9 posts are available from Moots or Kent Erikson.

Wandering not Lost
    Kind of figured that .. I was thinking of putting one on my ti Muk.. looks like it's shim time

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I thought the suspension bikes had larger diameter seat tubes to accommodate dropper posts... But I suppose you wouldn't really want/need a Ti post on a suspension bike.

Wandering not Lost
    that idea was transmitted into the 2014 Muk Ti ..

just ride
    Hey guys-

The post is available in 27.2 only, as the merits and benefits of a Ti post (compliance) are lost on the bigger diameters.

The Mukluks are all 31.6 this year for dropper posts, but I personally have the Ti post in a 2014 TI mukluk with a Problem Solvers shim.

Tim
    MTBR Disclaimer: I work for Salsa Cycles
    Ride: www.chequamegon100.com

Positively negative
    Mar 2010
    Anyone know the max height/minimum insertion?

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by chequamagon View Post
    Hey guys-

The post is available in 27.2 only, as the merits and benefits of a Ti post (compliance) are lost on the bigger diameters.

The Mukluks are all 31.6 this year for dropper posts, but I personally have the Ti post in a 2014 TI mukluk with a Problem Solvers shim.

Tim
    Tim,

Thanks for participating in this forum! You helped me a few years ago with a couple of Vayas for my wife and myself; we purchased those two bikes and followed up a year later with a gen2 Fargo(for me.) I currently have a mukluk 2 on order with my soon-to-be LBS(East Burke Sports in VT.) Just wanted to say thanks again for the time you spent talking to me about those Vayas and your hint that I would "really like" what you guys had in store for the Fargo.

Anyway, back on topic. Is the new ti post micro-adjust like a moots post, or is it indexed like the Budnitz?

Thanks,
    Tom

mtbr member
    Im wondering if this would be a good replacement for my thudbuster on my 13 Ti Fargo. I have pretty severe back issues and in theory, the thudbuster should be ideal, but with the proper insert for my weight (235 lbs.), I dont know if the level of comfort it provides is much different than a Ti seatpost but with a large weight penalty

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    from what i see for specs, the thudbuster is about 178 grams more.......not even a half pound, and a lot of money difference