mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Salsa Vaya Travel - basic question

I don't get why Salsa would market a bike with decoupling capability. Are there that many buyers that need to break down there bike? Is the collapsibility mainly for air travel or for putting in a personal vehicle?

If one takes the seat post out and front wheel off isn't the result almost as small?

Just wondering.

Thanks
    Josh

rth009
    May 2010
    Primarily for airline travel. If you can fit the bikes into a 26"X26"X10" case you can check the bike as a regular piece of luggage and avoid the extra fees. More answers and info here: Folding Travel Bikes using S and S Machine Bicycle Torque Couplings™

I was really hoping for an El Mariachi with S&S like the Salsa dude who went to Eurobike with last year. I get that the vaya is also a good choice for coupling, but an El Mar would be better for my uses.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Okay, thanks. Seems basic although it eluded me. Thanks for the link too.

Josh

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rth009 View Post
    Primarily for airline travel. If you can fit the bikes into a 26"X26"X10" case you can check the bike as a regular piece of luggage and avoid the extra fees. More answers and info here: Folding Travel Bikes using S and S Machine Bicycle Torque Couplings™

I was really hoping for an El Mariachi with S&S like the Salsa dude who went to Eurobike with last year. I get that the vaya is also a good choice for coupling, but an El Mar would be better for my uses.
    The El Mar S&S was back at Eurobike this year, too...