Thread: Salsa Rims

turtles make me hot

Salsa Rims

I learned last night that the Salsa Gordo has been discontinued. I emailed Salsa and they replied that they're phasing out rims so they can really dial in their other parts and accessories to reflect the brand's direction, Adventure By Bike...

Sorry, but isn't the wheel like the most important part of a bike?? How does this make any sense?

I searched high and low all over the internet for two sets of 32 hole Gordos and couldn't find any. Man... That was one of my favorite rims.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    I feared this day would come. I'm sure my beloved Semi's are next.

turtles make me hot
    The entire rim line... I have no idea why that makes sense to them.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Yikes. QBP shows a few Semi Disc 29er 36h left in stock, but that's it. Glad I got my Gordos
    Hey sexy mama, wanna kill all humans?

turtles make me hot
    I'm searching high and low for four 32 hole Gordos. Coming up empty everywhere.
    I currently have 32 hole Semis on my Stumpjumper and a pair of 36 hole Gordos on my stepson's Kona hardtail.
    I was just about to buy Gordos for my Fatback and a downhill-AM type build for next year. Salsa told me to use Sunringle' MTX33's.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I bought a 36h gordo for the rear on my horsethief when I built it back in September-October and was looking for one for the front in 32h or 36h last month, no luck. I ended up using a p35 for the front.

rth009
    May 2010
    It makes sense to discontinue them because hardly anyone buying high end rims like that uses tubes. Thats why my slightly used Semi 29ers have been sitting in my basement for the last 3 years. I figured they would update them to work tubeless without any of the non-approved conversions, but I guess not.

turtles make me hot
    I'm running Semis tubeless with Stan's tape and Stans goo. They work great.

Your statement about no one buying high end tube rims makes way more sense than what Salsa said to me. I wish they woulda said that.
    Last edited by NYrr496; 12-16-2012 at 07:26 PM.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Shame about this. Now I have to choose a different brand for my rear rim. I have matching hubs and different rims on my wheel set. How annoying.
    "Reports of my death are greatly exaggerated" -- Mark Twain.

turtles make me hot
    I'm over it. I'm using 35mm Velocity Blunts on my bike now and REALLY like em.
    I like turtles