mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Salsa / Revelate Frame Bag - Hydration Bladder?

From the description:

...Carry gear, clothing, or a hydration bladder within your front triangle. Extremely durable fabric and zippers result in a product that will see you through many miles...

...Sizes Medium through XL feature vertical Velcro divider in main compartment for load control and gear division...
    Is there a divider that will keep a hydration bladder up high, and allow other gear to pack lower? Is that what the 'vertical Velcro divider) is? Divides the space by height... but that doesn't make sense with the zipper...

I'm looking at one for a M Fargo. Currently using a Tangle, but want more space, especially the ability to run a nice sized bladder, and pack heavier items (tools, cook kit) lower in the frame.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I have the medium Mukluk version. The vertical divider is a set of two rectangular velcro flaps (one hook, one loop) attached to the left and right wall of the bag. You can rip and stick to shift volume between the resulting front and back compartments, though the amount of forward/backward adjustment is limited by the size of the flaps. You can also just not use the divider by unsticking the Velcro, and the flaps will just hang to the (inside) side of the bag.

I wasn't able to use the divider with a full frozen 2L Platypus bladder inside the bag. The bladder was too long to store vertically between the top tube and down tube, and there wasn't enough horizontal space with the divider in place. Things got more flexible as the ice melted. YMMV.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I'm not sure about the standard Fargo bags, but I have one of the last customs bags that Revelate made for my Fargo Ti... With a tapered front it easily fits a 5 litre MSR Drom Lite in the top half with room for arm warmers an light battery etc...

I have a large Mukluk bag and have as yet not been able to get it set up for a bladder to work nicely...