Rider and Wrench

Salsa Pro moto Carbon Flat Bar??

I am currently running an Easton Monkey light SL low rise OS (31.8) on an El Mariachi w/ rigid fork and have thought about a 25.4 Pro Moto Carbon Flat bar 25.4 to add a bit more give but am concerned about the strength of the Salsa bar.... I have run alot of different Easton Carbon and CT2's and always felt they were super tough but at 200+ with gear am I asking for trouble with a 25.4 salsa carbon bar installed on a rigid?
    I Just wish I could ride more!

mtbr member
    Well I'm not sure that you would be asking for trouble but you might be happier with the 31.8 version. I come in about the same fighting weight and prefer the little more rigid feel of the 31.8 bar. Match it up with one of our new Pro Moto Ti stems and it will look HOT too.

Bobby
    Salsa Cycles
    Adventure by Bike

Check out our blog!

Rider and Wrench
    Thanks, for the feedback- I was hoping to retain the "rigid" feel but add some additional give thus the 25.4mm thoughts- I am wondering if I would see any big difference between the 31.8 Monkey lights and the 31.8 Pro Motos other than lo-rise to flat though??? Not so sure
    I Just wish I could ride more!

i heart singletrack
    Quote Originally Posted by knottshore
    Thanks, for the feedback- I was hoping to retain the "rigid" feel but add some additional give thus the 25.4mm thoughts- I am wondering if I would see any big difference between the 31.8 Monkey lights and the 31.8 Pro Motos other than lo-rise to flat though??? Not so sure
    I can't speak to the Monkey Lights vs. the Pro Motos, but I can speak to the alloy Pro Motos vs. the carbon Pro Motos, and in that comparison, (31.8 vs. 31.8) the carbon bar is noticeably better at damping vibration and shock. I also like the additional steering precision of the 31.8 carbon Pro Moto bar vs. the 25.4mm Pro Moto carbon bars. For me, even at 151lbs, I think for a carbon bar, the 31.8mm interface provides more of what I'm looking for in terms of stiffness and steering accuracy.