mtbr member

Salsa isn't producing chainrings anymore!

This is horrible news! I love Salsa SS rings. All I've run for the past few years. Dimension is making a very similar ring now, but I'm hesitant to try one. I'm glad I got one of the last 34t rings on clearance a couple months ago. Anybody else upset about this?

dirtbag
    Really? That sucks. Closest are RaceFace SS rings but the tooth profile aren't as tall as Salsa.
    Amolan

mtbr member
    I've been using their rings and rims (Delgado Cross) on my bikes the past couple of years. I'm bummed about this. Also bummed they stopped making the Shaft seatpost. Oh well.
    All good expeditions should be simple in concept, difficult in their execution and satisfying to remember--Alastair Humphreys

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Seems they stopped making bash guards as well. Love the triple tooth fairy I picked up last year

mtbr member
    I just placed an order for a Dimension 32t chainring. I'm pretty sure Dimension made them for Salsa and it's the exact same thing. I can comment more on this when it arrives at the shop and I can take a look at it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Dimension is a QBP company as well and they just shifted the rings to the Dimension name. They even still had some overlapping part #. I talked to QBP and this is straight from them. The quality and manufacturing are still the same, just new name.

mtbr member
    I figured as much, but that's good news to me. I will continue to use those rings...even if the packaging does say Dimension