Page 94 of 168 FirstFirst ... 44 84 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 104 144 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 4185
    mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Do you find those pedals to be a pain to clip into?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Thanks, Ted and all you MTBR folks. I took the leap and ordered a Fargo from Bilenky's. They're putting S&S couplers on it. I'll chime in when I get a chance to give it a spin.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    docfuel, not sure if you were referring to pedals in my photo or not but they are the best pedals I've ever used. Easy in/out and can be used with running shoes for quick ride to grocery store.
    Salsa Fargo
    Devinci Contact

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Thanks. They are pretty light and seem that they'd make a bigger platform than my 770s, but wondered if they hang in a position that makes quick uphill clipping in difficult?

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I have the clicking system set fairly loose but have never unintentionally come free. I find it easy to clip in on a hill as you can peddle unclipped and clip when you get a little momentum.
    Salsa Fargo
    Devinci Contact

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    thanks

mtbr member
    May 2011

A Fargonauts First Adventure:

Fargonauts,

My first adventure with the Fargo has been a wild one... and it's not over yet! No, it hasn't been an expedition to distant lands and far-away places. It is the adventure of bike building. The Fargo is nearing a finalized(ish) state. It's been out for a few rides, throughout its various states of completion, in-completion and metamorphosis. Currently its awaiting some new pedals (not needed but nice) a new stem and some brake cables that will actually reach the rear brake. This process is fun, frustrating and enlightening. I've loved it.

The rides on it have been... varied. The first rides were harrowing; an underweighted front wheel (due unfit stem and handlebars) coupled with improperly installed headset bearings were the culprits. A short 15mph downhill felt like a ride on a derailed train. A visit to the LBS (to sort out my headset foibles) and a handlebar swap later and the next ride was mechanically sound though still unstable due to the still underweighted front. I had planned to get some woodchippers in the future when I felt the desire to try something new... my issues with the front end turned this option to necessity.

Today I swapped out my Apples for my old Nevgals and hit a local trail. It was a great ride. I love the Woodchippers. The multitude of hand positions was a very nice change of pace and riding in the drops is great. The rest of the bike? So far loving it.

God bless,
    Adam

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpmonkey View Post
    Currently its awaiting some...brake cables that will actually reach the rear brake.
    I know exactly what you mean, and it's even more of a hassle with Campag Ergopower levers as they require a smaller-than-Shimano nipple on the brake cable and finding something longer wasn't too easy. I'm currently using a Clarks (UK) inner wire and am hoping the stem won't need to be any longer or higher or there'll be trouble.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Satanas,

Sorry to hear that man. The trouble I'm having with the brake cables has been more than enough. I hope you can get it sorted out to your satisfaction. I'm using the Cane Creek Drop-V levers on mine. I'm very happy with the one that is wired up correctly.

Good luck,
    Adam

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    ^ I'm starting to think that it might have been better to have used the CC V brake levers and BB-7 Mountain calipers, plus some other gear levers like say bar ends or maybe downtube levers on Kelly Takeoff mounts. The brakes are proving to be "interesting" to get to work to what I would consider an acceptable standard. I suppose I could always sell the Ergo levers and switch if things prove too annoying. [sigh]

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

raced a 100km race on the fargo last week!
    www.meadm.com Personal Photography Site and Blog

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Matt, what tyres are you using? What stem adjustments were made due to non drop bar?

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Im using 2.25 Racing Ralphs setup tubeless.

I kinda just fiddled around with a few stems i already had till i found a combo i liked. I think i have a 70mm Thompson with a slight rise on it. I also just drop the stem really low to make it easyer to climb. i think i slided the seat forward alittle bit aswell. But im not really the best person to ask. I just play around with it untill i get comfortable.
    www.meadm.com Personal Photography Site and Blog

El Mas Chingon
    I "accidentally" bought a gen 3 on fleabay today for $1050. It was ridden for one weekend on the road and the buyer exchanged it for a larger size. Now I just have to sneak it in past the warden, I mean the wife.
    Moots Cinco
    Vassago Optimus Ti
    Cervelo Prodigy

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Perdiste los cojones?

;-)

Yo tambien.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MasChingon View Post
    I "accidentally" bought a gen 3 on fleabay today for $1050. It was ridden for one weekend on the road and the buyer exchanged it for a larger size. Now I just have to sneak it in past the warden, I mean the wife.
    apparently you need to paint the new bike the same colour as an old bike, then they don't notice
    "old enough to know better. too old to care."

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by docfuel View Post
    Damn! Too late for that.
    chocolates and flowers then ...
    "old enough to know better. too old to care."

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Damn! Too late for that.

El Mas Chingon
    Quote Originally Posted by hoogie View Post
    apparently you need to paint the new bike the same colour as an old bike, then they don't notice

That's why I wanted a white one.
    Moots Cinco
    Vassago Optimus Ti
    Cervelo Prodigy

mtbr member
    Nov 2009

waterfrontpano by mbeganyi, on Flickr

quick and dirty pano from the BTV waterfront this morning.
    Last edited by bmike; 05-15-2012 at 03:19 PM.

mtbr member
    Woodchippers or Bell Laps?

I'm thinking Bell Lap just because I plan on using bar end shifters and I think they would flare out way too much on Woodchippers.

Thoughts?
    "Ride what you love, love what you ride"

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Great photo. The composition, textures and grey tones are really nice, especially for digital.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    great pictures!

trail rat
    Quote Originally Posted by jddjirikian View Post
    Woodchippers or Bell Laps?

I'm thinking Bell Lap just because I plan on using bar end shifters and I think they would flare out way too much on Woodchippers.

Thoughts?
    I had Bell Laps, and wanted to try the Woodchippers. I expected to not like them and go back to the Bell Laps, until I installed and rode them, I expected to trim the bottoms as well, but have not.

I am blown away by how great the Woodchippers work, pave or dirt roads and some single track! Mine are 46cm and I am 6'3' with wide shoulders. They are great for me. If I rode in tight trees that would be different, but I am in coastal CA with wide open spaces. The variety of hand positions is better than any drop bars I have used in 40 years of serious riding.
    CCCMB web - Facebook
    SLO trail maps - conditions

"The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by benwitt11 View Post
    Some shots from last night's little cruise. It was the maiden voyage for a set of 240's laced to Crest rims. They're yummy
    Nice bikes. More pictures please.

Page 94 of 168 FirstFirst ... 44 84 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 104 144 ... LastLast