Page 165 of 169 FirstFirst ... 65 115 155 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,125 of 4224
  1. #4101
    Positively negative
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    877
    Hate to be that guy, but it does say "VEE RUBBER" and "10" on it.

    BICYCLE PREMIUM LINE

  2. #4102
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    55
    Yeah Ok, I'll concede that.....I didn't look that closely to see the '10' and didn't realise it was the model anyway. Thanks for the link - I reckon I've found my next set of treads

  3. #4103
    I work in .001 tolerances
    Reputation: HomegrownMN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,189

    Re: The Salsa Fargo Thread

    You got it Handles.
    The V10 in a 2.1 has done me well for the price on mixed terrain

  4. #4104
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kevrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    164
    has anyone put eyes/hands on Shimano (or Sram) dropbar hydraulic brakes? i have a box full of parts and a donor bike to build out my Fargo. but now that dropbar hydros are on the scene, i'm tempted to wait and build with those parts and skip the inevitable upgrade. the question is compatibility. as far as i can tell, Shimano will have hydro brifters for Ultegra and 105. any chance an Ultegra/105 lever would be compatible with XT or SLX derailleurs? seems like it should be safe bet, but i don't know much about cable pull differences or ratios or whatever it is that determines which levers operate which mechs.
    In a world full of people, only some want to ride. Isn't that crazy?
    Seal/CRAZY/misquoted

  5. #4105
    Positively negative
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    877
    I don't even think Shimano MTB hydros are cross compatible.

  6. #4106
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1
    Hello everyone.

    Picked up a leftover 2013 Fargo 3 today. Wanted a 2014 "3" but no local dealers had one. Local shop was excellent to work with and did not get sick of me, went in on 3 different occasions and test road it really wanted a mustard yellow one. Could not pass up price and did want to wait to order one.

    I have been reading this forum and figured 165 positive pages on one model of bike was a good reference.

    Thanks everyone

    John

  7. #4107
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cassavant89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefargo3 View Post
    Hello everyone.

    Picked up a leftover 2013 Fargo 3 today. Wanted a 2014 "3" but no local dealers had one. Local shop was excellent to work with and did not get sick of me, went in on 3 different occasions and test road it really wanted a mustard yellow one. Could not pass up price and did want to wait to order one.

    I have been reading this forum and figured 165 positive pages on one model of bike was a good reference.

    Thanks everyone

    John
    Congrats man! Personally, I really like the blue on the 2013 Fargo 3 and if the price was nice, even better!

  8. #4108
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    190
    I have a buddy with the 2013 blue, looks pretty cool. I've got a 2012 "cream scheme" myself, which I didn't originally like the look of, but it's grown on me. I love the bike, and accept the color now.
    2014 Motobecane FB4 Elite (Fatty), 2012 Salsa Fargo 2, 2009 Giant Yukon XC (First "real" bike, recently sold )

  9. #4109
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by kevrider View Post
    has anyone put eyes/hands on Shimano (or Sram) dropbar hydraulic brakes? i have a box full of parts and a donor bike to build out my Fargo. but now that dropbar hydros are on the scene, i'm tempted to wait and build with those parts and skip the inevitable upgrade. the question is compatibility. as far as i can tell, Shimano will have hydro brifters for Ultegra and 105. any chance an Ultegra/105 lever would be compatible with XT or SLX derailleurs? seems like it should be safe bet, but i don't know much about cable pull differences or ratios or whatever it is that determines which levers operate which mechs.

    I've been using the sram s700(10speed) hydro brifters on my Fargo for the last six weeks. Been very pleased thus far. Actually, I purchased them last year and installed them about a day or so before the recall was announced. So I rode my dirtroadie and fat bike until the replacement parts arrived. They work perfect with mtb 2x10 derailleurs just get some good inline barrel adjusters.

    I have little to no hope that shimano 11 speed mechanical road shifters will be compatible with 11 speed mtb derailleurs(time may prove me wrong.) Di2 on the other hand..... Could be a bit more promising.

  10. #4110
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cassavant89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    105
    Wow, the 2015 Fargos look nice! I love the lime green on the Fargo 3, and see they've kept the mustard from 2014 around too.

    Salsa Cycles

  11. #4111
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    101
    new one looks good

    did they make a woodchipper III with less drop?

  12. #4112
    Positively negative
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    877
    Quote Originally Posted by cassavant89 View Post
    Wow, the 2015 Fargos look nice! I love the lime green on the Fargo 3, and see they've kept the mustard from 2014 around too.

    Salsa Cycles
    Pictures working for anyone else? I've tried on two machines and can't see em'.

  13. #4113
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cassavant89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by big_papa_nuts View Post
    Pictures working for anyone else? I've tried on two machines and can't see em'.
    Hmmm, that's odd. They're working for me on both of my machines, through firefox and chrome.

  14. #4114
    mtbr member
    Reputation: grizzler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    114
    built up my 2014 last night! love the bike, adding an alternator rack and better tires for commuting. was worried about missing out on the something for '15 but i like the mustard!

    The Salsa Fargo Thread-14543058769_abb9d99428_b.jpg

  15. #4115
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cassavant89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzler View Post
    built up my 2014 last night! love the bike, adding an alternator rack and better tires for commuting. was worried about missing out on the something for '15 but i like the mustard!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14543058769_abb9d99428_b.jpg 
Views:	372 
Size:	215.6 KB 
ID:	910485
    The mustard is a beautiful bike. If I wasn't having such a hard time shelling out ~$1700, I'd have one myself.

  16. #4116
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    23
    hey guys is the salsa fargo 18" a med or a large? I am thinking its a large?

  17. #4117
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    8
    18 is a Med. Like is one:

    2014 Salsa Fargo. Steel Frame/Fork.
    Shimano XT drivetrain 40/26 and 11-36 10 speed
    Shimano 105 shifters
    TRP Spyre brakes
    Stan's wheels, Specialized Tires setup tubeless.
    Salsa Cowbell 2 bars.



  18. #4118
    Positively negative
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    877
    Quote Originally Posted by jmhtx View Post
    18 is a Med. Like is one:

    2014 Salsa Fargo. Steel Frame/Fork.
    Shimano XT drivetrain 40/26 and 11-36 10 speed
    Shimano 105 shifters
    TRP Spyre brakes
    Stan's wheels, Specialized Tires setup tubeless.
    Salsa Cowbell 2 bars.


    I don't own a Fargo, or even really want one, but pictures like that keep me checking this thread.

  19. #4119
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by jmhtx View Post
    18 is a Med. Like is one:

    2014 Salsa Fargo. Steel Frame/Fork.
    Shimano XT drivetrain 40/26 and 11-36 10 speed
    Shimano 105 shifters
    TRP Spyre brakes
    Stan's wheels, Specialized Tires setup tubeless.
    Salsa Cowbell 2 bars.


    How well does the XT/105 combination work for you? I'd like to try it sometime but I've heard some mixed opinions from those who've tried it.

    (BTW, great looking bike)

  20. #4120
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    8
    For the rear: 9 Speed rear M771 pairs nicely with the Front 10 speed shifters and 10 Speed cassette absolutely no issues.

    The Front: even with a 40/26 (non Shimano approved mix of chainrings) is quick and as good as the 38/24 with XT mtn shifters on my 29er.

  21. #4121
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by jmhtx View Post
    For the rear: 9 Speed rear M771 pairs nicely with the Front 10 speed shifters and 10 Speed cassette absolutely no issues.

    The Front: even with a 40/26 (non Shimano approved mix of chainrings) is quick and as good as the 38/24 with XT mtn shifters on my 29er.
    Cool. Thanks for the feedback.

  22. #4122
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MagicCarpet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    546
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowley View Post
    How well does the XT/105 combination work for you?
    Here is my XT/105 set up and how I made it work.
    My Fargo Build

  23. #4123
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicCarpet View Post
    Here is my XT/105 set up and how I made it work.
    My Fargo Build
    Great, thanks.
    And the throw of the brake lever works well discs? I know that was a problem for some combinations back in the cantilever days.

  24. #4124
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    8
    I don't have any issues with the TRP Spyres and the 105 shifters. The cable pull of the road levers and the Spyres is compatible.

  25. #4125
    mtbr member
    Reputation: grizzler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    114
    Little update:

    - flipped the stem
    - installed serfas drifters, 29x2.0 (they're great!)

    Has anyone setup the inferno 25s tubeless without much fuss? I'll do a search anyhow.

    Still waiting on the rack. Now I'm just deciding whether to switch to a black thomson elite or get a silver stem...

    The Salsa Fargo Thread-fargo.jpg

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •