Page 118 of 161 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 128 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,950 of 4003
    mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Commuting on the Fargo

The Salsa Fargo Thread-img_1236-version-2.jpg
    This is a shot of my Breezer Uptown 8 on a grocery run. It has been my much loved all purpose commuter for six years now. Eight speed internal hub. Heavy. Slow. Arkel bags to haul stuff. Versatile.

One ride on a slightly used Fargo 2 last night and it's been replaced.

I commute about 25 miles round trip each day. It's not the intended purpose of the Fargo, but it strikes me as the ultimate urban assault vehicle. I'd love to hear from owners who use it mainly as a commuter.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I don't commute, hell, I don't even work, but the Fargo is so versatile, it can be whatever you need it to be. I've had riser bars with X7 shifters for the winter. I recently purchased a full suspension mtn bike and I will put my beloved Fargo back to Woodchipper2s and SRAM Apex brifters. It's what that bike is meant to be. The "one" bike you can take for anything or everything....
    '13 CDale CAADX
    '12 Spec Camber Comp
    '12 Salsa Fargo
    "Riding with one leg is way better than not riding"

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Hello, I'm after a lightly used first generation Salsa Fargo Medium. Thanks, Shannon.

mtbr member

The Salsa Fargo Thread

Holy cow. Bought a Large Fargo after a fair bit of consideration at my LBS. It was between a fargo, vaya and an ogre, but the drop bar geo on a mtb adventure set up on the fargo won me over. Then I spent the last four days reading this entire Fargo thread (neglecting work and family). Made the right choice in so many ways. Glad to see the passion here for this great bike.

Geordie biker
    Took advantage of the mild but windy weather today after yesterday's snow!

Brooks saddle on and also one of my trusty speedzone computers that I have a few of......then a trip up the north east coast.

Stem mounted as on other bikes.....more hand room.

St Mary's lighthouse

Cullercoats beach

Whitley bay beach

Seaton sluice harbour

Ww2 lookout

The Fargo

Rocks off st Mary's island

The long beach from seaton sluice to Blyth

2013 jones spaceframe - miles 2,019
    2014 cannondale badboy 9 - miles 422
    2014 milage so far - 1,000
    www.ukfatbikes.co.uk

mtbr member
    Feb 2013

Fargo in the Ozarks

Here is my 2012 Salsa Fargo. Just recently put new bar tape, topeak rack and trunk bag, new green Salsa skewers, green seat collar, wireless cat eye computer, and serfas headlight.

Any suggested accessories I may need to add to help me on 3-4 day/night trips?

The Salsa Fargo Thread-img_1309.jpgThe Salsa Fargo Thread-img_1313.jpg

mtbr member
    You know your terrain and climate the best, but mudguards spring to mind. I am happy with my Planet Cascadia 29s. I used the nutserts on the inside of the fork and gently bent the stays. It keeps them out of the way of the brake and any bottle cages you might choose to mount on the fork.

Your area looks great.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    tsmith are you camping? If so, are you considering frame bags or racks/panniers? That would be the next step I would see. If you look a few posts up my bikes is shows in full camping regalia. I worked with a guy named Greg Wheelwright for my seatbag: gdw1914@yahoo.com. It fits perfectly and is a good place to start.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012

Salsa Ready to Roll

tsmith sorry, I guess I had posted the pic in the bikepacking forum. Anyway, here's what I was talking about. Framebags ready to go!The Salsa Fargo Thread-p2130008.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Here is my fargo built up for commuting. I love this bike. It scares me because it could easily replace my other 2 rigs in my garage right now.

DSCN0277.jpg by erikfries, on Flickr

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    great pics bluevajero and saltyman!
    thanx. look like some GREAT places to ride a great bike.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    BigE610 ... what kind of Schwalbe tires are those? I have the stock Race ones on mine. (I've only owned the bike for three days.) I love the comfortable ride, but around town I'm already getting flats.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Looks like Schwalbe Rapid Rob.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I love the fargo brown

mtbr member
    Me too Ironman.

The brown is great in person. I have noticed indecision over colour to be a common concern with a lot of Salsa products. Most people I've seen are also really surprised by how much better they look when they arrive.

The brown looks great against either silver or black. The BB7 brakes and silver cages look classy, but the black gear looks excellent too. Anyone hesitating over the brown should go right ahead.

44mm head tube means no rub marks on the down tube and unlimited fork options.

These beauties are just going to get more and more popular. Get 'em while you can.
    My Fargo Build

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Shakedown ride today, a spin down to the Forth and along the coastal path. Faffing around in the shed, I couldn't find a big 700c tube. What would be the chances of a puncture on benign trails with new tyres? I rode as far as North Queensferry and found I had a slow puncture. Worse my pump was falling apart.

I called a mate. In South Queensferry, who luckily was just in from a ride, he had a spare tube and a working pump. I managed to get just enough air in to ride the bridge with only a couple of pit stops. Gary's tube selection wasn't huge, but we did find something, then realized we could swap my back tyre for one of his CX tyres that would get me home.

I just made it back as the sun was setting, it was lovely riding back home with the sun on my back and the longest of shadows stretched out ahead of me.

The bike is a keeper. The handling is predictable and climbing is much easier than with flat bars. riding on the drops was just as comfy and efficient for me as riding on the hoods. I need to experiment with tyre pressures, the sidewalls suggest 60psi which I think is pretty high. The gears worked well but I'm going t fit a road triple front and move the BB spacer to the non drive side.

The Salsa Fargo Thread-64746_10200652445418739_34078993_n.jpg
    The Salsa Fargo Thread-602029_10200652474979478_1624917557_n.jpgThe Salsa Fargo Thread-527895_10200652485859750_1177924977_n.jpg

Spud State Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicCarpet View Post
    Me too Ironman.

The brown is great in person. I have noticed indecision over colour to be a common concern with a lot of Salsa products. Most people I've seen are also really surprised by how much better they look when they arrive.

My Fargo Build
    Salsa's web page does a poor job of making their bikes look good. Niner does a much better job at that.

Harmonius Wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug_ID View Post
    Salsa's web page does a poor job of making their bikes look good. Niner does a much better job at that.
    This has been a criticism of mine for years. What makes it even more amazing is that Salsa had two competent photographers on staff for years and both could have smoked the images put in the catalogs, but for whatever reason, the images on-line and in the catalogs continue to be so poor as to be laughable at times. Hopefully that will change at some point, but I've been saying that for a long time, so maybe not, eh?

mtbr member
    I am out of the US and do not have any local dealers for Salsa. Does anyone have any recommendations to purchase the Fargo Ti complete online and deliver overseas?

Am having a tough time looking, appreciate the help given

mtbr member
    I am also "out of the US" and found Bikeman to be the best shipping price by far. You can also phone and speak to the very person handling your order. Their generosity and service was quite outstanding. The delivery time was amazing - more so given the excellent price. I would definately shop there again.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicCarpet View Post
    I am also "out of the US" and found Bikeman to be the best shipping price by far. You can also phone and speak to the very person handling your order. Their generosity and service was quite outstanding. The delivery time was amazing - more so given the excellent price. I would definately shop there again.
    Thanks. Wll look there. What were the shipping charges to Brissy
    ?

mtbr member
    Sep 2012

Wink Sand, Or Why I Need a Fatbike

The Fargo is my favorite bike, in part because I've always been the adventurous sort. There are some places it just won't go, though... like this super fine sand down by the river. It's moments like these when I think, "Man, I could use a Mukluk or a Pugsley..."

Click for Full Size

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    It's moments like these when I think "Man, I wish I had a river with fine sand and a beautiful sunset nearby!"

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    That's a good point. We, who have the leisure to go ride a bike for fun, should be pretty happy. Fancy bikes are just icing on the cake.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Truth. For what it's worth I waited all winter riding my Moonlander and wishing my Fargo would get here. I love the Moonie, but now that the Fargo is here I can honestly tell you that it's my favorite bike ever.
    I do envy you those temperate climes and beautiful scenery!