Page 113 of 171 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 123 163 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 4264
    mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Before and after shot. Might not be to everyone's taste, but it makes a damn fine commuter.

Before:

After:

Funny how some minor additions can make it look like a completely different bike.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by the_agent View Post
    Before and after shot. Might not be to everyone's taste, but it makes a damn fine commuter.
    Funny how some minor additions can make it look like a completely different bike.
    That bike is super cool, both fore and aft. You've given me the much needed push over the edge to transform my El Mariachi to a commuter. Over the past couple weeks I've been entertaining the idea of building a new commuter in the form of a Gunnar, but at the risk of dropping over 3K on a new build when I already have a very solid platform to build off, would be foolish.

Since my MTBR time has slowly come to an end and my commute to work will be under 10miles when I move, Im going to commit to a rebuild on the El Mar.
    Thanks the_agent for the inspiration

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

New single speed cruiser

Surly hubs and chain tensioner, bell lap bar, bontrager rack, race face stem/post, stylo crank. Commuter/light trail duty - thanks to this thread for help choosing new frame.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Salsa Fargo Thread-imag0162_zps97cb56c2.jpg  

The Salsa Fargo Thread-imag0165_zps1e73d489.jpg  

The Salsa Fargo Thread-imag0163_zpsc8931225.jpg  

The Salsa Fargo Thread-imag0164_zpsaa427c15.jpg  

The Salsa Fargo Thread-imag0167_zpse2b61e45.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Latest little Fargo adventure:

Playing Outside in the Shenandoah Valley: Bikepacking in the Snow

And why I love having a rear rack on my Ti Fargo, being able to strap on another little stuff sack with some extra clothes. I know I could just ride with a back pack, but I really like not having anything on my back.

never summer
    My Fargo went thru some changes...

Earlier this year:

After finding a complete Ti for 2199:

So I pretty much swapped out frames and took the new wheel-set. Just went for a quick shake down ride...pretty stoked about it. I'll get some better pics soon. The '12 Fargo 2 now has the XT build on it and will probably get sold.
    Fargo Ti + Moonlander + Necro Pug + Nature Boy

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

WTB 2012 Fargo L

Hi folks,
    Anyone have a '12 Fargo in a large they are wanting to sell. I live in Colorado.

trail rat
    Quote Originally Posted by colotaco View Post
    Hi folks,
    Anyone have a '12 Fargo in a large they are wanting to sell. I live in Colorado.
    Post it here, I think it is $3, and you will get more who see it. I have used it often.
    Login - Buy and Sell and Review Mountain Bikes and Accessories
    CCCMB web - Facebook
    SLO trail maps - conditions

"The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

never summer
    I decided to use a frame bag for a bit. The Tangle bag on the medium Ti frame was an issue with bottle cages. Didn't try side loaders but it would still be jammed in.

Fargo Ti + Moonlander + Necro Pug + Nature Boy

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    [QUOTE=SteveM;9759617]Howdy, new Fargo owner here since last week, 3 rides in, some tweaks to the touchy bits and I'm loving it, heres a few snaps from my first adventures :-)

How tall are you, and what size frame is your Fargo? If you don't mind me asking.

mtbr member
    May 2012

xl or xxl?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
    yup, its an XL, I'm 6 foot 4 and its fits just fine, I swapped the seat post for a Thompson layback and the stem to a zero rise 120 Thompson just to tweak the position a little, very happy with the bike now.
    Steve:
    I'm shopping for a Fargo and until I read your post, I was looking for an XXL. I'm 6' 4.5" and more of my height is in my torso, if you know what I mean. How are you proportioned? How do you feel about the fit of your bike. (As you probably know, it's pretty much impossible to test ride big bikes.)

If the XXL isn't for people our height, who is it for?

Thanks,
    Phil

mtbr member
    Link to my Fargo build report:

My Fargo Build - Mtbr Forums

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by occasionaldirt View Post
    Surly hubs and chain tensioner, bell lap bar, bontrager rack, race face stem/post, stylo crank. Commuter/light trail duty - thanks to this thread for help choosing new frame.

This is awesome. I have considered converting my Fargo to a SS but I have some major hill to climb during my commute so it probably won't happen. Looks really good!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by the_agent View Post

That is a major difference in appearance! I like the first better but the commuter version looks very functional! The tires were a nice custom touch!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitar Ted View Post
    I got this new 80mm travel Reba RL fork with G2, (51mm), offset for my Fargo Gen II. Can't wait for the trails to clear off in spring to try it out.
    Nice!!! looks like a load of fun waitin' to happen. Hardly recognize the Fargo with a suspension fork.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by krshultz View Post
    I got a Selle Anatomica "Titanico X" saddle for mine last week, and have put 60 or so miles on it so far. It is absolutely fantastic - I really had no idea a bike saddle could be this comfortable.
    I have been kicking around trying one of these saddle for awhile. I am pretty happy with my Brooks B17 on my Fargo for now but not blown away by it. I have about 3000 miles on it and it's comfortable but after 5-6 hours in the saddle I still have numbness issues. Could just be I need to take more breaks.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Here is my 2012 Fargo 2 in Winter mode. Absolutely love this bike!

mtbr member
    Nov 2009

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Nice setup! what tires are you running for the snow/ice??

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bikebeard View Post
    That are Nokians.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I love this bike

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bikebeard View Post
    Thanks!

Nokian Extreme.
    Heavy! And Slow!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitar Ted View Post
    We've got a customer at the shop where I work and we just got word his large 2013 Fargo Ti is shipping now. If I get permission to take some images, I will.

Rack mounts missing on the new ones will maybe lose a few folks, but rackless touring/bikepacking type set ups are what Salsa is designing this for I guess. Seems that works better off road for many. Vaya still has rack mounts, and is billed as their touring bike, so maybe that explains things better.
    If that is the bike in the Europa blog then the 2013 steel & Ti Fargos do still have brazed/welded rack mounts?

Harmonius Wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnystorm View Post
    If that is the bike in the Europa blog then the 2013 steel & Ti Fargos do still have brazed/welded rack mounts?
    Well, I can not vouch for a steel 2013, but yes- the 2013 ti bike has the rack mounts.

Link to blog post: Pedal Driven @ Europa: Special Project: Titanium Fargo

mtbr member
    I can vouch for the Steel 2013 having rack mount braze ons.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I will be picking up a Fargo 3 tomorrow. I have a choice between a 2012 at a 25% discount and a 2013 3 with the dark brown frame (frame swap from the LBS)........will post pics when I get her home. Not a fan of the FSA cranks or the BB5s.......but $350 can go toward fixing that.

..............and when I have enough posts to post pics.