Page 112 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112
Results 5,551 to 5,555 of 5555
    mtbr member
    duplicate/deleted
    In a world full of people, only some want to ride. Isn't that crazy?
    Seal/CRAZY/misquoted

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryonaspot View Post
    they sell the Gnarwahl.
    wow, eighty dollars for that? $80???
    In a world full of people, only some want to ride. Isn't that crazy?
    Seal/CRAZY/misquoted

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Well if you're running a Jones bar, just find an old 25.4 stem and use that. Just wrap it with tape.

Positively negative
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kevrider View Post
    i've been thinking about trekking bikes and handlebars lately, wondering... has anyone ever used a so-called 'trekking bar' on a Fargo, or on any other bike? it looks weird but it does have the multiple hand positions we call crave.

same question regarding this Velo Orange offering:

this one is really interesting, with the 'aero' position out front. i has just about everything you want. could it be, dare i say it... better than a jones bar? has anyone tried it?

i'm picturing Fargo for bike packing and something else for trekking, like a Trucker or a Sutra. but i'm starting to think a Rohloff would be the way to go for that and a Rohloff shifter on a dropbar bike seems like a hack, so i'm starting to look at the Jones bars. i never thought about using a Jones bar until Fargo+Jones came up in a recent thread on another forum. anyway, these two VO bars seem like interesting alternatives to the Loop....
    I have ridden both the butterfly style trekking bars and the Crazy bars for short periods, though neither on a Fargo.

First, both will drastically shorten you cockpit, considering the Fargo already has a short toptube might result in a pretty cramped setup.

The bike with the butterfly bars had them set up much lower then I would want, which seems inherent of their design, though that could be solved with a taller fork or stem. Other then that they seemed ok, though I could get see myself using the forward position. REI actually sells a bike with them, if you wanna try them out.

The Crazy bars were on a bike very similar to be I own and ride with standard riser bars. I expected them to be WAY to close and low but they actually felt really good. IMO the forward extensions didn't seem very usable due to their angle.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoLB View Post
    Well if you're running a Jones bar, just find an old 25.4 stem and use that. Just wrap it with tape.
    22.2mm?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I have a jones carbon loop and a TI version on two bikes. If you wrap both the front and rear of the loop bar you can just rest your arms on the top without the gnarwal thingy. Also the loop is not 25.4, it is a much smaller diameter.

Be sure to tilt them down, this is one of the keys to success with using a Jones bar. I also like the woodchippers - those are on my Fargo which I use for commuting and gravel.
    "Nothing is free."

Fargo Ti / Jones TI Spaceframe SS / Mukluk Ti / Foundry Cross / Colnago Master / Cannondale Tandem