Page 108 of 108 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 104 105 106 107 108
Results 5,351 to 5,364 of 5364
    Ovaries on the Outside
    Quote Originally Posted by Forster View Post
    The levers and brakes will get better as they break in and you adjust them (at least they did for me). My Fargo gave me the "stink eye" today because I left her hanging. Too much lightening for my comfort level. I have weather limits, the Fargo does not.

They are better, but still just ok. I got some SRAM S700s of craigslist and will be putting them on in a couple weeks. Now I just need a better wheelset and fenders and I am done.

Quote Originally Posted by kevrider
    heh! that's pretty awesome/funny.
    I've been really surprised that I've liked the bike this much. I have several quibbles, but it is a great bike. I'm going to SS it when I swap out the shifters.

Harmonius Wrench

Gravel Worlds Finihed

This thead is worthless without pics.

I finished Gravel Worlds on my Gen I Fargo along with my friend on his Gen 4. The Salsa Fargo Thread-official-finishers.jpg
    Image courtesy of Kevin Fox
    Riden' an Smilin'
    Guitar Ted

Blog
    RidingGravel.com

No one calls me Maurice.
    ^^^The weather seemed awesome this year. How were the roads after Friday night's rains?^^^
    The most expensive bike in the world is still cheaper than the cheapest open heart surgery.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone on here has an xsmall frame. I am 5'1 and considering a fargo for my dirt/trail touring but am concerned about such a small frame on 29er tires. An problems fitting a butt bag between the saddle and the rear tire? Are there any other shorties out there?

Thanks
    Monica
    Last edited by moniemoe; 2 Days Ago at 12:46 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by moniemoe View Post
    Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone on here has an xsmall frame. I am 5'1 and considering a fargo for my dirt/trail touring but am concerned about such a small frame on 29er tires. Are there any other shorties out there?

Thanks
    Monica
    my wife has an XS 2016 Fargo X9 and absolutely loves it

it only fits 1 water bottle inside the frame, and a water bottle in the downtube water bottle holder will tend to brush up against a fender. Those are her only complaints.
    - 2012 Salsa Fargo
    - 2014 Stumpy FSR
    - 2015 Roubaix Carbon Disc
    - 2016 C-dale SuperX CX-1
    - 2016 Salsa Cutthroat

mtbr member
    i was thinking about getting an XS fargo for my fiancé, but that triangle is so small, i'm not sure how much a frame bag can carry in there. if anyone has a photo of an XS loaded for travel, i'd love to see it.
    In a world full of people, only some want to ride. Isn't that crazy?
    Seal/CRAZY/misquoted

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by kevrider View Post
    that triangle is so small, i'm not sure how much a frame bag can carry in there. if anyone has a photo of an XS loaded for travel, i'd love to see it.
    I would love to see that too.

Man all my triangles are so ridiculously tiny. Right now on my MB-1 the only "frame bag" I can fit between my water bottles is a revelate Jerrycan bag stuffed in upside down. It can only fit my flat repair kit. I don't know if you can get away with from that with frames my size.

Harmonius Wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by Forster View Post
    ^^^The weather seemed awesome this year. How were the roads after Friday night's rains?^^^
    They were squishy and a tad muddy in spots up to about 10:00am. then the wind took care of that.
    Riden' an Smilin'
    Guitar Ted

Blog
    RidingGravel.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    Thanks everyone, hope you don't mind if I ask another dumb question - does the carbon firestarter fork have a carbon steerer tube?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, it does. I have one.

mtbr member

New bars?

Need some new bars all of a sudden. What did you guys decide was the best? I bent my Origin8 Gary sweep bars on some lava rocks. I like the lessss drop of the origin8 bars. A little wider would be nice. Did Salsa come out with version 3 or anything¿

Dude Abiding
    Soma Junebug. Very similar to the Midge, but a big longer in the extensions.

Advocate Hayduke
    Salsa Blackborow
    Salsa Fargo

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smithhammer View Post
    Soma Junebug. Very similar to the Midge, but a big longer in the extensions.

Are those more or less wide than the Gary Sweep OS ?

Dude Abiding
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisx View Post
    Are those more or less wide than the Gary Sweep OS ?
    Don't know, as I've never used the GS OS. Soma lists the Junebug as being 45cm wide, and they only come in one size. Unfortunately, I don't find a lot of consistency in how different companies measure their bars, but if this is helpful, here is a pic of the Junebug next to a 44cm Woodchipper:

Junebug specs: Junebug Bar | SOMA Fabrications

GT has the most detailed info on the GS OS specs that I've seen: Origin 8 Gary Sweep OS Bars: Getting Rolling -
    Advocate Hayduke
    Salsa Blackborow
    Salsa Fargo

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    2003 Kona A
    2005 Kona A
    2012 Cannondale Hooligan
    2016 Salsa Deadwood

Page 108 of 108 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 104 105 106 107 108