Page 106 of 174 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 116 156 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 4326
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Howdy, new Fargo owner here since last week, 3 rides in, some tweaks to the touchy bits and I'm loving it, heres a few snaps from my first adventures :-)

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mikhaelc View Post
    Nice Mike! How's the quality? I've been collecting materials to make my own, but have considered those. Very curious about the feel/stiffness/waterproofing of them.
    quality looks great. mounted it up and just have a short ride with it...
    they claim water resistance. i wouldn't trust anything critical in any sort of bike bag (save and ortlieb) without a baggie or dry bag.

zippers work well while riding. fit perfectly.

Spud State Rider
    +1 on the luxey bars!

Here's a few of a fellow fargo ride on a ride into the 7 devils mountains above hells canyon idaho. She is running what I think are called Scott Butterfly bars (no longer made) she really likes them.

Raising Hell Ride in the 7 Devils Mtns

mtbr member
    The Scott bars are AT4s, possibly pros(?) as they have an extra curve towards the end. I had a set on my Scott Montana back in '91 or '92.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

stem specs

can anyone tell me the stem specs for the 1st generation Fargo, esp. the bigger sizes. I am building up an XXL and ordering parts ahead and want to basically recreate the stock bike. I figure that will at least give me a good starting point and I can switch it out later.

Thx!!

...and yes I went to the salsa archives but it does not state length/angle of stem

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
    Howdy, new Fargo owner here since last week, 3 rides in, some tweaks to the touchy bits and I'm loving it, heres a few snaps from my first adventures :-)

Is that an XL? First time I've seen pictures of one in that (my) size. Want one bad...

mtbr member
    Oct 2012

Today's purchase

Hi all
    Tonight's new purchase. 2013 Fargo. And so the build begins....as does the miles of exploration to come!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Salsa Fargo Thread-image.jpg  

Ride & Smile
    Quote Originally Posted by beastwood9 View Post
    can anyone tell me the stem specs for the 1st generation Fargo, esp. the bigger sizes. I am building up an XXL and ordering parts ahead and want to basically recreate the stock bike. I figure that will at least give me a good starting point and I can switch it out later.

Thx!!

...and yes I went to the salsa archives but it does not state length/angle of stem
    Salsa Fargo Geometry

Salsa Fargo XX-Large
    A.Seat Tube Length 24.0 "
    B.Top Tube Effective 24.01 "
    C.Head Tube Angle 71
    D.Seat Tube Angle 72
    E.BB Drop 3.0 "
    F.Chainstay Length 18.3 "
    G.Head Tube Length 8.7 "
    H.Fork Length 17.32 "
    J.Fork Offset 1.96 "
    K.Wheel Base 43.64 "
    M.Stack 27.36 "
    N.Reach 15.09 "
    P.Stand Over 34.89 "
    2010 Salsa Cycles
    KanzaKrūzer
    Salsa Warbird | Kona Unit

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    yup, its an XL, I'm 6 foot 4 and its fits just fine, I swapped the seat post for a Thompson layback and the stem to a zero rise 120 Thompson just to tweak the position a little, very happy with the bike now.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009

getting dark by mbeganyi, on Flickr

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by KanzaKrūzer View Post
    Salsa Fargo Geometry

Salsa Fargo XX-Large
    A.Seat Tube Length 24.0 "
    B.Top Tube Effective 24.01 "
    C.Head Tube Angle 71
    D.Seat Tube Angle 72
    E.BB Drop 3.0 "
    F.Chainstay Length 18.3 "
    G.Head Tube Length 8.7 "
    H.Fork Length 17.32 "
    J.Fork Offset 1.96 "
    K.Wheel Base 43.64 "
    M.Stack 27.36 "
    N.Reach 15.09 "
    P.Stand Over 34.89 "
    2010 Salsa Cycles
    I think I may have been unclear with my question. I want the specs for the STEM. Namely, angle and length for the stock 1st generation fargo in the larger sizes. Thx!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by B0178558 View Post
    Hi all
    Tonight's new purchase. 2013 Fargo. And so the build begins....as does the miles of exploration to come!
    I like the new color.
    The truth will set you free... But first it will piss you off

mtbr member
    I think I may have been unclear with my question. I want the specs for the STEM. Namely, angle and length for the stock 1st generation fargo in the larger sizes. Thx!

First gen XXL
    The stem is a 'final fit' item. I am 6'5" , want a bike to ride upright. I had to go with a max rise stem, uncut stearer tube, lots of spacers, and 1" riser bar.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I just want to know what the stock stem was on XL/XXL 1st gen Fargo's. I know it is individual but I need a starting point. Anyone, Bueller??

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I just want to know what the stock stem was on XL/XXL 1st gen Fargo's. I know it is individual but I need a starting point. Anyone, Bueller??
    did you try calling or emailing salsa? they've always been great with customer service...

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    It was a 105 degree moto-ace stem.. Start with either a 110 or 120 mm length depending on torso length, riding style, intended use, etc...

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Hey gang, here's my new fargo. I'll put more detailed build info up in my next post, but needless to say, I'm loving it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Salsa Fargo Thread-img_0043.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    never mind, question answered...
    Last edited by bmike; 10-15-2012 at 07:32 AM.

2OFME
    Sep 2006
    Little adventure in the White Mountains of NH
    Rob Brook and Nanamocomuck ON & OFF RHODES

I'll be headed back there again.

wot no bike?
    Planet Bike Cascadia 29er fenders, Tubus Cargo rack.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Salsa Fargo Thread-8092197613_d2d9ac7cba_b.jpg  

pete

mtbr member
    Sep 2012

My Fargo

Just had to jump in and say how much I dig my Fargo. Such an amazing bike. Cheers!

mtbr member
    Just received and built up my 2012 Fargo 2 (Large) last week. My first 29er ever, and first drop bars for about 15yrs. Loving it so far A brown Brooks B17 and matching Salsa bar tape have been fitted sine these pics.

Early days so still fussing with the cockpit/bars position, hence excess steerer, while I tune-in to the concept of riding off road on the drops.

However - I'm 5' 11 3/4" (182cm) in bare feet, and the poor standover is (so far) a little perturbing and I wonder if the Medium may have been a better bet... (It's as if I need a "medium-and-a-half").

Fargo Landing by jason-l, on Flickr

Fargo Foray to Tyninghame by jason-l, on Flickr

Fargo Foray to Tyninghame by jason-l, on Flickr

2OFME
    Sep 2006

went exploring on some new to me trails this Sunday. www.onoffrhodes.com
    Installed tubeless Slant Six tires too, what a difference compared to the WTB Nano tires.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    i love this bike

mtbr member
    Mar 2011

Question for All the Fargonistas Out There

First a little background.

I have an 09 XL Fargo (Fun Guy Green) with the XT build. I love it. Its my favorite bike of all time but I have often thought about a different bar; the Jones H Bar for instance.

I just bought my wife a 2013 Fargo 3 as an upgrade from her Kona Africa Bike. She wants to begin increasing her mileage.

As you can imagine, going from the very upright positon with the swept back handle bars on the Kona, the new Fargo feel a little stretched out to her.

At present, the top of the bars on the Fargo are an inch or two above the top of the seat giving her as much of an upright position as possible with the Woodchippers.

Now the quandry.

She would like to be a little more upright still, so I was thinking about the Jones H Bar with a short stem, which would seem to create a riding position that is a little closer to what she had on the Kona.

If I go with the H Bars, I'm thinking about some kind of adapter for the bar ends, the Paul Thumbies come to mind, and a mountain bike style of brake lever (if they will work with the Avid BB7 Roads that came on the bike).

What do you all think about what I have described with the H Bars and the short stem, and how would you set up the shifters and the brakes. The Fargo 3 came with barends and road style brake levers.