mtbr member
    Jan 2016

Rigid Fork for Ti Fargo

Initially posted this on another thread but then thought better to start its own one...After any thoughts on changing my forks....

I have a 2012 (I think) Ti Fargo frame with these (Niner Carbon Rigid 29" Fork > Components > Forks & Suspension > Rigid Mountain Forks | Jenson USA) Niner carbon forks (I bought both second hand). I also have a 2012 (Gen 2) Steel Fargo with original steel forks. I've never liked the feeling from the front end/forks on the Ti Fargo. Difficult for me to describe.. feels as if they are too light/put the wheel too far out front/are too stiff. The steel Fargo front end feels much more sure footed, such that I don't really notice any issues. Set up in terms of contact points etc are pretty much identical on both.

Any users found similar with carbon forks/these Niner forks? Any advice or thoughts on changing? Thing is I really like the Ti Fargo otherwise, use it as my main road bike with a bit of light gravel. I would consider switching the fork out for a steel Fargo fork (CroMoto Grande 29er | Salsa Cycles ), wouldn't mind the weight penalty too much as it is currently 9.2kg as shown. Any thoughts on using a 450mm ac fork rather than 470 would affect the handling? I use the steel Fargo most days for my commute so don't want to start messing around switching forks as a trial without hearing any advice first.

Rigid Fork for Ti Fargo-fargo-ti.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Nashbar has this one that matches the specs from the gen 2 frames. I have the "Exotic" version of it and like it a lot.

Nashbar Full Carbon 29er Fork