Thread: Product Launch?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Product Launch?

Isn't the official launch coming soon? With the recent pics of the carbon Beargrease floating around I am getting stoked. Hope it's soon, I need to know when I might actually be able to own one.
    There are three kinds of people: those of us that are good at math and those that are not.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Here is the sequence
    1. Product launch coming......
    2. Product launch here...
    3. Wait for local release...
    4. Wait...
    5. Wait...
    6. Product out of stock,,,

at least how it feels

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Well, QBP's Saddledrive is going on right now, with media, sales reps, and dealers seeing all the cool new stuff down in Utah. It started yesterday, and I think it goes on throughout the week. Info will trickle out of course, and QBP has been posting some pictures and info. On their Facebook page.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    My LBS just confirmed that the new Beargrease should start shipping sometime in August. Sweet!
    There are three kinds of people: those of us that are good at math and those that are not.

Bicycle Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by onepivot View Post
    My LBS just confirmed that the new Beargrease should start shipping sometime in August. Sweet!
    That's what my LBS said. They would have new Salsas in mid August to early September. I kinda wish I would have waited on purchasing my Warbird last week.
    The unexamined life is not worth living - Socrates
    Bearded Women Racing

AOK
    mtbr member

Product Launch?

Anyone have full geometry charts for the new Horsethief and Spearfish?

I thought someone had posted a link with this info a while back, but I haven't been able to find it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by J3SSEB View Post
    That's what my LBS said. They would have new Salsas in mid August to early September. I kinda wish I would have waited on purchasing my Warbird last week.
    Sounds like the only change on the Warbird for this year was moving to the BB36 bottom bracket. Up to you as to whether that's a huge deal or not.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    It seems to me that when a bike manufacturer is within just a few weeks of new model year bikes being shipped that a prospective customer would be able to find geometry, build spec, etc on the web site, or maybe by consulting with their dealer. Salsa seems to fail at this basic concept.

Ride good on the internet
    Aug 2006
    According to my sheet here, it's not "a few weeks", it's a month or so, and FYI, I still have 2013 on my floor.

So yeah, I'm glad they are keeping the current, relevant info up for now because that's more important than keeping internet window shoppers happy.

Anyway, any dealer that is going forward for 2014 should have the info you need. I have, since about February.

Sometimes you need to talk to a real live person, instead of going on a forum.