Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerdog
    Looks great ryball.

What is that rear rack you're using? Any idea on the load capacity?
    It's the Axiom Streamliner Road DLX. I like it a lot. It has a very narrow top that cant's the panniers in and the mounting method moves them back a lot so there isn't heel clearance issues. Load capacity is supposed to be 110lbs. but I don't ever see myself carrying that much.

http://www.axiomgear.com/products/ge...iner-road-dlx/

Now with 3 more inches!
    Quote Originally Posted by ryball
    It's the Axiom Streamliner Road DLX. I like it a lot. It has a very narrow top that cant's the panniers in and the mounting method moves them back a lot so there isn't heel clearance issues. Load capacity is supposed to be 110lbs. but I don't ever see myself carrying that much.

http://www.axiomgear.com/products/ge...iner-road-dlx/
    Excellent, thanks. My one worry with the Cruz was the location of the disc caliper. This rack seems to solve that.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Does anybody know wether I can fit a 1.75 (47-622) tyre in the La Cruz, Schwalbe has a Smart Sam 28x1.75 in their offering now. What will be the fatest tyre you made work in this frame? I am looking for more comfort or MTB abilities. At the moment I am running Smart Sams in 1.4.

fux
    Scooterist
    I read your post and rememberd that the last race I did on my 29`er was with a Schwalbe furious fred on the rear.

I normaly only run racing ralph, but I heard that there was quite a bit of gravel and just bought one for the rear.

Obviously I ran down in the garage to see what it looked like.

Well the verdict is, I`m pretty sure you should be able to fit a 1.75 because this furious fred is 622-50, or in old money, 2.0.

salsadekk03.jpg

salsadekk02.jpg

salsadekk01.jpg

Its tight, and I would expect some tyre buzz out on the trial but I would hazzard a guess that 1.75 should be fine.

Now thats what I call monster cross!

Oh, the wheel span freely and I gave it a run round the block for fun and it didnt rub. I bet it would rub with some dirt in there though.

Pretty cool.

Oh, the rim is a stans ztr 355. Rim choice has got a part to play in it too.
    Disclaimer. I now sell bicycles and bicycle tyres.

instacrap ----> http://instagram.com/manx71/

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Well thanks, I have DT TK7.1d which are wider, so maybe the tyre will be flatter then. I will give it a try.

fux
    Scooterist
    Post some pics if you give it a try!

mtbr member
    please stop posting La Cruz in this forum, its killing me....as I'm tempted to get a frameset as the prices at the moment is good.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Carnifex
    Does anybody know wether I can fit a 1.75 (47-622) tyre in the La Cruz, Schwalbe has a Smart Sam 28x1.75 in their offering now. What will be the fatest tyre you made work in this frame? I am looking for more comfort or MTB abilities. At the moment I am running Smart Sams in 1.4.
    Where are you seeing the 47-622 Smart Sam? Is it out yet?

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I just ordered it through ebay.de.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    The tires were delivered today. On my DT TK 7.1d at 4 bar they are 43mm wide without knobs and 45.5mm with knobs.

The first total view shows the difference, back is the new 47 SS front is the 37 SS. They look like fat and slim.

The secondtotal is the both tires changed. Front is enough space to mount even 2.0 to 2.1" tires, back wonīt allow for a wider tire.

I didnīt bother cleaning the bike, as this is meant for dirty expeditions.

Ehm, yeah, another update from this week is the Limited Edition Brooks Swift saddle in Mandarin Orange.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Looks great!!!

fux
    Scooterist
    Totaly agree!

That is cool, love the brooks too. Shame I didnt see those smart sam`s earlier because I am going out in the garage now to fit my studded tyres

-3 C on the way to work this morning, that means another 5-6 months slugging a couple of kilo`s of rubber around...

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Thanks. Actually, I donīt know when they came out. When I was browsing for Smart Sams a few weeks back I only saw the 42. The 47 are shown as being 2010 tires at one of my local online-shops.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I'm in the [lengthy] process of acquiring a La Cruz, and I was planning on using it quite extensively this winter...would a full-size fender fit over a 700x42 studded tire? I don't want to jump on wider studded tires if they aren't going to fit.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ollyisk
    I'm in the [lengthy] process of acquiring a La Cruz, and I was planning on using it quite extensively this winter...would a full-size fender fit over a 700x42 studded tire? I don't want to jump on wider studded tires if they aren't going to fit.
    Maybe in the back, but I don't think there's any way it would fit in the front.

rr
    I don't do PC
    How do like the Smart Sams Carnifex?, any experience in the snow??

Found some in 40c

fux
    Scooterist
    Quote Originally Posted by ollyisk
    I have casadila 29`er mudguards covering schwalbe marathon winters in 700-42 without any probs.

Its a tight fit in the frame, so use some protective tape before you fit them.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by fux
    I have casadila 29`er mudguards covering schwalbe marathon winters in 700-42 without any probs.

Its a tight fit in the frame, so use some protective tape before you fit them.
    How tight are we talking here? I weigh roughly 250 pounds, and I don't want to chip up the fork with studs when rolling over a pothole or something. If there are only millimeters of clearance, I think I'll have to try to find nice 700x35.

Thanks for the responses!

fux
    Scooterist
    The tyres arnt a tight fit, the mudguards are.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My La Cruz build-salsa11.jpg  

mtbr member
    Carnifex, what crank/bash guard is that?

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    The crank is a standard Shimano 105 triple octalink, with the middle ring mounted. The Bashguard was made by a local rider, who had a laser cutting device at hand and just did a few for himself and others.

mtbr member
    Does your friend want to make any more?! That's seriously one of the classiest looking bashguards I've seen...

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Hi, it was not a friend of mine, actually he had only a few left a year ago. Maybe I send him a PM if he still has one. and yes, I like it very much too, that was the reason for buying it of course.

fux
    Scooterist
    Here is my La Cruz out in the freezing cold during my commute home.

The vid is poorly clipped, but I think you get the idea of what the lacruz is best at, although I have a dodgy moment near the end of the film when I hit some loose snow.

Edit: better vid.
    Last edited by fux; 01-13-2010 at 08:53 AM.

mtbr member
    I am so bummed that I did not get one of these when they were available...
    A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast