Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
    808+909 = Party Good Time

I've searched but cannot find the El Mariachi photo thread?

Anyone care to post me the link... it's driving me a little crackers.

workin' it Administrator
    I think it may have been deleted accidentally by a vacating mod. I will search around but so far haven't found anything similar.
    Try this: HTFU

i heart singletrack
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher
    I think it may have been deleted accidentally by a vacating mod. I will search around but so far haven't found anything similar.
    I guess we'd better start a new one, 'eh!! Here are a few to get you started... My two El Mariachis, in various states of dress.
    Attached Images Attached Images

jmw
    mtbr member
    start a new one or re-name this thread
    future nature

Hud
    Singletrack minded
    It's always good to see pics of mgersib's bikes. mgersib you have a real flair for good builds. BTW what is the setup with the Maverick?
    2 of my biggest regrets in life is missing out on the Tomatillo green El M and the orange Dos.
    The twenty-nine inch wheel.

i heart singletrack
    Quote Originally Posted by Hud
    It's always good to see pics of mgersib's bikes. mgersib you have a real flair for good builds. BTW what is the setup with the Maverick?
    2 of my biggest regrets in life is missing out on the Tomatillo green El M and the orange Dos.
    Thank you very much for the compliment... I've run the SC32 on both of my El Mariachis, but am currently running it on the red bike. The green bike is running rigid and singlespeed, while my red bike is pullin' geared hardtail duty.

I bet you can still get on a green El M if you really want to... There are still a few new framesets floating around if you keep your eyes open, and nice used ones definitely pop up every so often too. Though I'm not typically too keen on buying used bikes, the green El Mariachi is one I'd strongly consider buying used after having owned one... It's just that good. It very well may be a "lifetime keeper" for me.

My orange Dos is still in the house too... It just isn't built up right now. If I get more than five bikes built for myself at any given time, it gets to be too much of a hassle from a maintenance standpoint, so right now the Dos is taking a little break. I'm rockin' two El Mariachis, a Big Mama, a Fargo and a Chili Con Crosso. When you add in my wife's Casseroll, that's six built Salsas in my basement right now... and four of 'em are steel. I like that ratio!!

Hud
    Singletrack minded
    Living in Australia means there are not many floating around. I have Niner SIR9 so I really don't need an EL M. A Dos would be nice but I already have four bikes...

So, with the SC32 you are running it at 100mm with a '29er kit' is that correct? Where do find these travel reducers?
    The twenty-nine inch wheel.

jmw
    mtbr member
    mine....
    Last edited by jmw; 03-16-2010 at 06:13 AM.
    future nature

i heart singletrack
    Quote Originally Posted by jmw
    mine....
    Wow... That's HOT!

i heart singletrack
    Quote Originally Posted by Hud
    So, with the SC32 you are running it at 100mm with a '29er kit' is that correct? Where do find these travel reducers?
    I believe Quality Bicycle Products stocks the travel reducers or you can get them from Maverick American -- www.maverickbike.com. But to answer your question, yes, I do have the travel reducers installed, so the fork has about 88mm of travel. The SC32 is a good match with the handling of the El Mariachi frame. I'm not as big a fan of it on the Dos. I like the Reba better on the front of the Dos for some reason... not exactly sure why.

I haven't tried a Reba on the Big Mama, but between a Fox and an SC32, there's no comparison, the Fox is definitely where it's at. It's the best fork I've ridden thus far.

Rider and Wrench
    Love the Tomatillo green El M as well- there was one in the classifieds here for like a month that my buddy picked up to compliment his red- it was less than $400 shipped and it is in great shape- In person I have yet to see one I don't like.

I built up mine as a 1X9 and it is a keeper, I am usually a bit quick to change bikes if something catches my eye but this one is just different. Is it wrong to like a bike so much? Especially one that is so obviously male... should it be a Mama instead? Nope I'm secure...in my bike love.
    I Just wish I could ride more!

mtbr member
    May 2006

Here is my green mariachi. I picked mine up late last year on ebay from some shop in Canada. I love mine, since I have upgraded my rear tire to a 2.4 Racing Ralph.

jmw
    mtbr member
    more of mine:
    Last edited by jmw; 03-16-2010 at 06:13 AM.
    future nature

i heart singletrack
    Quote Originally Posted by jmw
    more of mine:
    HAWT!!

mtbr member
    Haven't seen any updates here in a while.

Here is mine:

Rider and Wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidR1
    Haven't seen any updates here in a while.

Here is mine:

Looks good- how are you liking the "stans" tires and what size are you running?

Rider and Wrench
    I have done a few mods since the first post.... still no action shots, sad but work does not allow too many non solo rides these days

A shame the red never quite looks right in pictures- still loving it but the ti post has added a bit of comfort on longer rides or seated climbs- I also just changed over to some foul weather rubber and decided on some Rampages, no ride on them yet so I hope I like them-

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    ^^^^Damn! Your build is near perfect.

Thinking I might make a few changes to mine even though my girlfriend has pretty much taken it over as her own.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by knottshore
    Looks good- how are you liking the "stans" tires and what size are you running?
    I like the Raven's, and am currently running the 2.2's. The Raven makes a pretty nice rear tire for the hardpack terrain we mostly have around here. I'm thinking of switching the front to a Racing Ralph next year in a 2.25 in search of a bit more traction in the front.

I have found that you really need to play around with the tire pressure of the Raven in order to find what works best for you.

.RJ
    mtbr member
    Feb 2009

mtbr member
    thats cool, SS setup make the bike look so simple without gears.I guess 2.4 tyres wide up front take the edge off up front. What size the frame?

.RJ
    mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Small/16" frame. The 2.4 mountain kings rock.

mtbr member
    cool, this will be my frame size but I will be running full gears 3 x 9 as some trails I ride are technically steep. I might copy your tires combo (2.4 front and 2.2 rear).

Harmonius Wrench
    Here is my formerly really scratched up Superior Blue '07 El Mariachi. I sent it in and had it "Gun Kote" treated in a really dark purple with cream white panel, red pinstripes, and red decal, all in Gun Kote. I should be getting around to building it up here after it is shipped to me late this week.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I've searched but cannot find the El Mariachi photo thread?-gun-coat-salsa-frame-1-web1.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    The way it looks best. Running a set of blunts with Trek TLR tubeless strips. This bike is a hell of alot of fun!

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast