Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast
Results 501 to 525 of 576
  1. #501
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    516
    Love that half bomb pop blue colorway. Your bike makes me itchy to switch back to SS mode.
    "...when I stand to climb I'm like the Hulk rowing the USS Badass up the Kickass River."
    -michaelscott

  2. #502
    Thing Maker
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    23

    Hope WOW. So Amazing.

    Whew! What a beaut! Thats the raddest EM SS yet-- Ti Frame, and man that Process Blue C on the raw Ti POPS! Incredible. Really awesome. Such a killer spec too. Super solid.

    Thanks about my ride. Its a '14, 1 week old. Stock except for the Mallet DH race pedals to match all the other ano bits. Its my taco cruiser. Loving it.

    Quote Originally Posted by firedfromthecircus View Post
    Sweet ride Chris. Is that a 2013?

    Here are a couple of my 2014.











    The Boombot REX, ultraportable speaker/speakerphone/siri assistant. With the ability to deny phone calls on the trail Huzzah!

  3. #503
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    48
    Cheers guys.

    Pretty happy with how it turned out.

    Iamrockandroll13, go for it. Ti one cog is for winners.

  4. #504
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    516
    Quote Originally Posted by firedfromthecircus View Post
    Cheers guys.

    Pretty happy with how it turned out.

    Iamrockandroll13, go for it. Ti one cog is for winners.
    If you look a few posts up from my last pic update, you'll see that I switch back and forth. once the snow goes away and the trails get a bit more rideable, the gears go away. Right now I'm stuck doing some road riding for intervals and the SS mode is a little too spinny for that.

    My El Mariachi is actually 4 bikes. SS Rigid, SS Hardtail with 120mm fork, Geared version of both those setups too. That's my favorite thing about the bike and how I justified dropping the loot on it.
    "...when I stand to climb I'm like the Hulk rowing the USS Badass up the Kickass River."
    -michaelscott

  5. #505
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 家ndyA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    449
    Love it! Really nice seeing the silver components on your ride. Any plans to change out the black headset?

    Quote Originally Posted by firedfromthecircus View Post
    Sweet ride Chris. Is that a 2013?

    Here are a couple of my 2014.











    Randy

  6. #506
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by 家ndyA View Post
    Love it! Really nice seeing the silver components on your ride. Any plans to change out the black headset?
    Cheers Andy. Unfortunately Hope only do these headsets in the one colour, so I didn't have that much of a choice. Fortunately I don't think it spoils the look too much.

  7. #507
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamrockandroll13 View Post
    If you look a few posts up from my last pic update, you'll see that I switch back and forth. once the snow goes away and the trails get a bit more rideable, the gears go away. Right now I'm stuck doing some road riding for intervals and the SS mode is a little too spinny for that.

    My El Mariachi is actually 4 bikes. SS Rigid, SS Hardtail with 120mm fork, Geared version of both those setups too. That's my favorite thing about the bike and how I justified dropping the loot on it.
    Cool. Versatility is nice.

  8. #508
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 家ndyA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    449

    Good job!

    Quote Originally Posted by firedfromthecircus View Post
    Cheers Andy. Unfortunately Hope only do these headsets in the one colour, so I didn't have that much of a choice. Fortunately I don't think it spoils the look too much.
    Understood. And yes, the look on your El Mar is just fine.

    It's just really cool to see other riders that use the classic silver color on their bikes. In my case I went with pewter & silver.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I've searched but cannot find the El Mariachi photo thread?-dsc_0040.jpg  

    Randy

  9. #509
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1
    About 4 months now, really love the frame and fork. Really liked the shorter chainstays on the 2014, but black and green man.
    I've searched but cannot find the El Mariachi photo thread?-betterpic.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I've searched but cannot find the El Mariachi photo thread?-badphone.jpg  


  10. #510
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    9

    Considering going rigid

    I have the 2013 El Mar 3 (red) version that came with the Manitou fork. Am considering going rigid to save some weight and since the rides I go with it aren't that rough.

    Anyone know if color-matched forks are available for it? All I see from Salsa are black ones--and thought Niner had red versions of their carbon forks, but can't seem to find anyone carrying them.

    Just trying to make it as uniform as possible and not make it look like frankenstein's monster with a piece-mail look.

    I've searched but cannot find the El Mariachi photo thread?-2014-02-23-19.27.12.jpg

  11. #511
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    516
    A good paint shop could do it for you easy for under $200. Good luck getting it from Salsa, I tried to get a white one, which they make for the El Mar SS and even with bike shop pro deal hook-ups I couldn't get them to send me one.
    "...when I stand to climb I'm like the Hulk rowing the USS Badass up the Kickass River."
    -michaelscott

  12. #512
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamrockandroll13 View Post
    A good paint shop could do it for you easy for under $200. Good luck getting it from Salsa, I tried to get a white one, which they make for the El Mar SS and even with bike shop pro deal hook-ups I couldn't get them to send me one.
    Is this price range typically for the fork alone or frame set?

  13. #513
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    516
    If you wanted to do a full frame set powder coat, probably around that, maybe cheaper. For wet paint, you're going to be spending a little more. It really depends on who's doing the painting and how much detail work there is. If you just want a single color, no sprayed on logos or anything, any auto body shop could do it for you pretty cheap.
    "...when I stand to climb I'm like the Hulk rowing the USS Badass up the Kickass River."
    -michaelscott

  14. #514
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamrockandroll13 View Post
    If you wanted to do a full frame set powder coat, probably around that, maybe cheaper. For wet paint, you're going to be spending a little more. It really depends on who's doing the painting and how much detail work there is. If you just want a single color, no sprayed on logos or anything, any auto body shop could do it for you pretty cheap.
    Thanks, will ask around!

  15. #515
    Rider and Wrench
    Reputation: knottshore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,427

    Old Root beer float LE

    My third El Mariachi- still loving them!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I've searched but cannot find the El Mariachi photo thread?-img_20140401_190539541.jpg  

    I Just wish I could ride more!


  16. #516
    mtbr member
    Reputation: manwithnoname's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    114
    Couple pics from today's ride. New frame and I think I'm liking it. my first Salsa!



    .....

  17. #517
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by manwithnoname View Post
    Couple pics from today's ride. New frame and I think I'm liking it. my first Salsa!
    MORE! Your bike is really close to what i'm building. Though I haven't decided if I want a dropper, but the Lev was on my list if I did because of the fixed entry point. Looks like it fits really well with the ElMar routing. Is that a medium?

  18. #518
    mtbr member
    Reputation: manwithnoname's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by D0rk View Post
    Is that a medium?
    Yup, medium. I'm 5'8" and running it with 50mm stem. Only one ride with this setup but I really liked the way it was handling.
    .....

  19. #519
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    74

    My El Mar Ti enjoys the early morning view of Missoula

    I've searched but cannot find the El Mariachi photo thread?-img_0916.jpg

  20. #520
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    70
    Hey Fellas,

    Looking to do some upgrades on my 14 Salsa Elmar SS.. Looking to change the seat post, stem, bars and cranks.. Any suggestions, probably looking to go carbon Oh if any of you are interested I'm selling my stock wheels they've been taped already.

  21. #521
    Merendon Junkie
    Reputation: abelfonseca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    488
    New wheels and Tires!

    And boy what a difference do they make. The bike now feels much more responsive and.. light! I feel like Im in love again.

    Stans ztr arch laced to Xt hubs and RaRas 2.4.

    I've searched but cannot find the El Mariachi photo thread?-img_6762c.jpg

    I've searched but cannot find the El Mariachi photo thread?-img_6946c.jpg

    Cheers

  22. #522
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    74

    Classic summer ride

    I've searched but cannot find the El Mariachi photo thread?-img_0918.jpg

  23. #523
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    145
    Does anyone have the elusive El Mariachi 142 Alternator dropouts?
    [

  24. #524
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    707
    Quote Originally Posted by KonaSS View Post
    Does anyone have the elusive El Mariachi 142 Alternator dropouts?
    Not me. Kinda don't see the point. Plus they're rather expensive!

  25. #525
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by KonaSS View Post
    Does anyone have the elusive El Mariachi 142 Alternator dropouts?
    Quote Originally Posted by willapajames View Post
    Not me. Kinda don't see the point. Plus they're rather expensive!
    I have it (direct from Ben at Salsa) that there is a new, forged rather than machined, version of these that should be out now, and a bit cheaper.

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •