Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    So I revised my build and went to a longer (485a/c) steel fork from Soul Cycles. Love the ride & looks of the fork and the change in geometry.

ps. I ordered the Brushed Raw Clearcoat version of the Dillinger and it looks totally SWEET on the Ti El Mar.

Last edited by 家ndyA; 10-04-2012 at 10:29 PM.
    Randy

Ariolimax columbianus

Setback post?

Quote Originally Posted by greenwater View Post
    ....sweet rig. Are you running a setback post w/your brooks saddle? Probably gonna pick up an el mar, gonna set it up pretty similar.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    My first 29er. Built it up on a Thursday, broke it in the following Saturday at Downieville with a loop out of Union Flat campground, up road 93, and a proper challenge with Packer Saddle.

And just so I never get a big head...

mtbr member
    2013 El Mar.

mtbr member

El Mariachi SS

Just got this delivered a few days ago, still waiting for the pedals. (crappy cell phone pics but at least the reflectors work)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I've searched but cannot find the El Mariachi photo thread?-photo-oct-10-8-56-27-pm.jpg  

I've searched but cannot find the El Mariachi photo thread?-photo-oct-10-10-28-17-pm.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Built up a couple weeks ago using some extra parts and absolutely loving it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I've searched but cannot find the El Mariachi photo thread?-salsa-1.jpg  

I've searched but cannot find the El Mariachi photo thread?-salsa-2.jpg  

Falls-a-Lot
    *sniff* All these other '13 El Mars are so beautiful...I sure hope my El Mariachi 3 arrives soon. Salsa told me "within 2 weeks" >3 weeks ago.
    '11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '11 Redline Conquest Apex
    '13 Salsa El Mariachi 3
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nativeson View Post
    ....sweet rig. Are you running a setback post w/your brooks saddle? Probably gonna pick up an el mar, gonna set it up pretty similar.
    It is a set back post. Can't remember the mm. Setbacks seem to work better with the Brooks rails. Very happy with the fit. Good luck on your build.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider47 View Post
    Just got this delivered a few days ago, still waiting for the pedals. (crappy cell phone pics but at least the reflectors work)
    Very nice!! What size frame is that? Front triangle looks HUGE!

Falls-a-Lot
    LBS just texted me this...
    '13 Salsa El Mariachi 3
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3

mtbr member
    It's the XL, 21". I got the pedals, still not dirty yet. Wife is sick, don't want to go too far.
    I've searched but cannot find the El Mariachi photo thread?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1351016722.994658.jpg
    I've searched but cannot find the El Mariachi photo thread?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1351016842.598918.jpg

mtbr member
    ^^^Beautiful bike, i picked mine up last thursday and spent 4 hours in the dirt with it on saturday. It's pure fun

mtbr member
    I'm really digging the Limited Ed. orange SS's!

mtbr member
    Cleaned mine up today and had to try out the new camera...

2012 Salsa El Mariachi Ti, Industry 9 Arch EX Wheelset, Maxxis Ignitors (Tubeless), Moots Bar, Stem, & Seatpost, Fizik Gobi Saddle, Shimano XT Groupset(2x10), Fox FIT RLC F29, King Ti Cages, Oury Grips

Falls-a-Lot
    Took Gossamer on his maiden voyage, today...it was excellent and he was so worth the wait!
    '13 Salsa El Mariachi 3
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3

High Gravity Haze
    I've not been this giddy about a bike in almost ten years! I've only had it a week and have over 80 miles on it so far. My previous benchmark for a fun to ride bike was an almost 20 year old Bianchi Peregrine, but the El Mariachi has become the new benchmark.

Mtbr
    Beautiful!! I think I'm going to order a '13 SS build! I would get the frame and build it up myself but then I wouldn't get the lovely color.
    [SIZE="1"]2008 Rig[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Really thinking hard about a SS rigid El Mar. Debating over a leftover 2012 blue frame, or that sweet '13 orange complete. Decisions, decisions.

dirtbag
    After a couple seasons riding rigid I decided to put some squish to my bike. Reba RLT, WTB TCS wheels and tires. Also cleaned her up and replaced the cables/housing after this pic was taken,

Ride is mo betta!
    Amolan

808+909 = Party Good Time
    Quote Originally Posted by hallowedpoint View Post
    2013 El Mar.
    Lovin' it!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Sorry to hijack the thread, but I'm looking into getting an El Mariachi and cant' figure out what size to get (seems to be an issue with 29ers and me)

5'-11 w/ 32" inseam, longish arms... I've been riding 19" 26ers for almost 20 years and like the stretched out position i've had. The large El Mariachi feels good when on it, but standover is tighter than I'm used to. The medium seems a little cramped though

thoughts??

mtbr member
    I'm 5'7" and a medium El Mariachi is spot on for me. Anything smaller is too cramped. Based on that, I'd have thought that you would, indeed, be a Large. The top tube seems to be slightly lower on the 2013 models, so I'd make sure you're looking at one of them before deciding.

It's difficult when you are between the sizes - even on Salsa's own fitment chart - but there is so much down to personal preference and what you want the bike for. Mine is for off-road touring/bikepacking so a larger frame is better. If it was throwing around local trails I might be more prepared to put up with being a bit cramped

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Thanks for the input. Was able to take a medium out for a short spin... Too cramped, felt like a midget bike! Now I just have to talk the wife into letting me get a new mtb

mtbr member
    My 2013 singlespeed

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I thought I'd put pics of Elmar on here too. I've had it about 9 months now and I just love riding this bike.The Elmar is so good that my brilliant 26" DW suspension Flux has gone into semi-retirement in my garage. The only change made since the photos is I've swapped the reverse Orange Stalk stem in the pic for a Thomson 4X zero degree.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I've searched but cannot find the El Mariachi photo thread?-660sml_edited-1.jpg  

I've searched but cannot find the El Mariachi photo thread?-661sml.jpg  

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast