Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by roman View Post
    How do you like that whisky fork? Seems like a solid fork at a great price.
    Very happy with it. Stiff but forgiving at the same time. Super responsive and it really holds a line through turns. Build quality seems to be really good.

fire_lantern
    Jan 2012
    Quick question - what size frame do you have there? Just placed my order for a small and am anxiously awaiting it! Curious if that's a small or xs. Thanks!

fire_lantern
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcticCat500 View Post
    she's still at the shop getting fine tuned, rode her yesterday for about an hour, man I love this bike, so glad I didnt get the Scott.
    Sorry, meant to ask about the size of this fine lookin' El Mar. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Posted it before

Here is better picture after some upgrades
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I've searched but cannot find the El Mariachi photo thread?-6696904603_aae06b3e63_b.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_lantern View Post
    Sorry, meant to ask about the size of this fine lookin' El Mar. Thanks!
    sorry fire, I missed this, thats a small frame....

fire_lantern
    Jan 2012
    sorry fire, I missed this, thats a small frame....
    Great, thanks for letting me know. I've ordered my small El Mar and am just waiting for it to arrive. Nice seeing what it's going to look like! Man, the waiting is killing me....

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Great, thanks for letting me know. I've ordered my small El Mar and am just waiting for it to arrive. Nice seeing what it's going to look like! Man, the waiting is killing me....

fire, Awesome! What color did you opt for? Give a lil input on the build unless this is a secret....lol. Hoping to get mine soon...waiting for a couple things to come in.

fire_lantern
    Jan 2012
    fire, Awesome! What color did you opt for? Give a lil input on the build unless this is a secret....lol. Hoping to get mine soon...waiting for a couple things to come in.
    Ha! No secret at all, thanks for asking about details. In the end, I opted for the green El Mar 3 full build rather than building up from scratch. I'm sure it won't stay stock long, but only only planning to swap out the stem for a Thomson 70mm, and perhaps bar and seat, but waiting til it's in hand. Will certainly post pics once I have it, though may be a little while before it's actually in hand.

fire_lantern
    Jan 2012
    Ha! No secret at all, thanks for asking about details. In the end, I opted for the green El Mar 3 full build rather than building up from scratch. I'm sure it won't stay stock long, but only only planning to swap out the stem for a Thomson 70mm, and perhaps bar and seat, but waiting til it's in hand. Will certainly post pics once I have it, though may be a little while before it's actually in hand.
    p.s. Current plan is to run the 2X10 in the summer and SS during the winter.

mtbr member

Cool Thread here..

Here is what I build up for my girl. It was her Christmas present. She loved it. Has nothing but good to say about the ride quality and handling of this bike. I'm curious now, I might have to build me up a SS shortly here, haha. The total weight of her bike is 26.5 lbs (with tubes).

Small 2011 Frame BP Blue (16")
    08 Reba SL Fork (80mm)
    LX M582 Crank with 32t SS ring with LX BB
    Xpedo Pedals
    X9 LC rear Der
    X7 Rear Shifter
    08 Avid Juicy 5 brakes
    Sella Azzurra carbon seatpost 300mm
    N-Gear Jump Stop Chain Guide
    Cutter Saddle
    Woodman Axis SL Comp Headset
    Bontrager race lite 60mm Stem
    Vuelta XRP Team Superlite wheelset
    Maxxis Ignitor 2.1 tires
    KMC X9 Chain
    Pro Concept flat bars 620mm
    Rav X Lock on Grips
    Sram PG980 11-32 Cassette

Sorry for the crappy phone pic. The bike looks sweeter in person...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I've searched but cannot find the El Mariachi photo thread?-el-mar.jpg  

fire_lantern
    Jan 2012

Salsa El Mariachi 3

Just out of the box - doesn't even have the reflectors removed yet. It's still down in Seattle, so alas, I have to wait impatiently for a few weeks until I get my hands on it. Brutal. Size small, fully stock right now (not for long).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I've searched but cannot find the El Mariachi photo thread?-photo.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    thas a great looking bike, but Im a lil biased towards a JFG El Mariachi, I have alot of money in my build, almost as much where I think I would've been better off buying the pre-built and going from there....those are good specs and a nice solid bike.....Im getting mine next week and unfortunately Mother Nature just dumped almost 8" of snow on us

Good Luck with her bud, she's a beauty...I theres been a influx of small framed El Mars lately

fire_lantern
    Jan 2012
    Thanks! I'm stoked, though it's almost worse seeing it built up now and waiting for me, but knowing it'll still be a while yet before I have it in hand. We just got a dump of snow here as well, so that's a bit of a consolation. It was really helpful seeing the pics of the small frames in knowing what size to order. I'm a bit over 5'7", so probably could have gone small or medium, but I'm glad I went with the small. Yeah, I ended up going for the full build due to the good spec and a limited budget. I haven't bought a new bike in a looong time, and with Salsa offering the full build at a good price, I really couldn't pass it up. Hopefully the snow clears up for you by the time yours comes in!

mtbr member
    Can't help but to post more pictures of it...

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Chronism, whats the TPI on those Ignitors? Im having a set of Easton Havens done and thinking Ignitors,

mtbr member
    Chronism, whats the TPI on those Ignitors? Im having a set of Easton Havens done and thinking Ignitors,
    Mine are the 60tpi versions. There is also a 120tpi version as well.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    yea, Im looking at them, I like the weight and read solid reviews, my current tires came off the donor bike and are the S-Works Renegade and Renegade Control, the tires together weight only 1000grams, these will only add roughly 200grams, not to bad. Im keeping the S-Works and the rims for the bike bath with my daughter, and going to a set of Easton Havens I scored used in great shape.
    Thanks for the reply, Id really love to see a couple of those hi res pictures of the treads, hint hint.

mtbr member
    As requested.

Unfortunately, I haven't even had a chance to ride the bike yet... Between work and nasty weather... These are my first Ignitors so I can't comment on them much, but have read many great reviews and they were highly recommended.

I have been looking at picking up some Easton EC90's and was thinking of pairing them to the new Ground Control's.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    thanks brother, those are looking better and better, I like the Ground Control and really like the Puratory as well, but the Ignitor just might win, Its probably a waste to run a full compition tire like the S-Works Renegade on the tarmac but I'll never race and dont need to buy road rubber.
    Thanks Again.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011

Photo Update

Tires and wheels mounted and ready to go, took her for a lil blast, man these things are sloooooow compared to my Renegades. Went with the Ground Controls, F/R, Im happy so far but tomorrow will tell the story,

Did HS1 rotors over the G2's, upgraded the cassette from Sram PG 1030 to a PG 1050 and lost 1 full pound with the upgrades (plus a few gs), going back to my Phenom seat, the Selle Royal Lookin Gel seat is 450g, and the Phenom is 240g, my current cage is 72gs and the Specialized Rib Cage MTB is 36gs, we're talking 246gs, thats over half pound, Im not a weight weenie but every little bit helps.,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I've searched but cannot find the El Mariachi photo thread?-imgp1738.jpg  

I've searched but cannot find the El Mariachi photo thread?-imgp1739.jpg  

I've searched but cannot find the El Mariachi photo thread?-imgp1741.jpg  

I've searched but cannot find the El Mariachi photo thread?-imgp1745.jpg  

mtbr member
    We got 12 inches of snow today! So I pedaled down to the LBS.

One Fattie, fat front fattie, and an ole studded out MTB.

"Most people dislike vanity in others, whatever share they have of it themselves." - Benjamin Franklin

wounded knee
    Just got the El Mariachi last week, only 2 rides on it so far, but man does it climb, and turn great.

Sponsored by
    VETTA
    GoPro HD Hero Camera
    The Recovery Sock

mtbr member
    That is my favorite thing about it. How good it makes climbing feel.
    "Most people dislike vanity in others, whatever share they have of it themselves." - Benjamin Franklin

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Can one of you guys tell me, if my new 2011 Mariachi frame will need any facing, before I can install an external bottom bracket?

mtbr member

faced

Quote Originally Posted by Old Iezer View Post
    Can one of you guys tell me, if my new 2011 Mariachi frame will need any facing, before I can install an external bottom bracket?
    You are good to go man.. I didn't have to face my GF's 2011 frame that I got from Speedgoat. I even confirmed with that with the rep. I even think it states on the Salsa site that the frames are pre-faced already. Have fun with your build..

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast