after I got the frameset for well, really really cheap (as scandium/carbon frames go). I also had some parts that I needed a frameset to put on, so ordered some other parts and put this thing together (finished around 4am this morning). Now to convince a 5' 7" friend he needs to replace his mid-80s Fiori with a nice new salsa.
The build specs...
- 52cm size frame with 53cm toptube, good for someone 5'5 to 5'9
- Scandium frame with carbon fiber seatstays, carbon fiber fork
- 18 speed Shimano Sora/Tiagra drivetrain with 11-24 cassette
- Ritchey WCS Intergrated headset and 172.5mm Compact crankset with 34/50 chainrings
- DuraAce Octalink splined bottom bracket, short of ceramic bearings there is no finer BB made
- SNG Carbon-Alloy dual-pivot brakeset
- Zoom Carbon-Alloy seatpost, Velo Pronto SL Titanium saddle
- Salsa 42cm ProRace bar, Bontrager 100mm x 7deg stem
- Vuelta Corsa Lite 20/24H wheelset with cartridge bearing hubs, triple-butted bladed spokes and semi-aero rims
- Kenda Kaliente Foldable L3R Pro compound 700x23C tires with Kenda Superlight 48mm PV tubes
- Wellgo SPD-compatible clipless road pedals
- 17.7 pounds complete as pictured (including pedals)
Results 1 to 5 of 5