mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Horsethief pivot help!!!

I have a 2012 HT and just replaced the DU bushings on the RP2 with Fox's 5-piece shock hardware. During the disassembly two aluminum spaces/washers felt out from the lower eyelet mount apprx 3mm thick. These aren't a part of the old DU/reducer setup, but I don't know whether to put them between frame and swingarm or between black plastic ring of Fox's 5 piece setup and the swingarm. The former option seems to cause the swing arm to be compressed to fit on the low eyelet. I've tried both options, but don't want to ride until I know for certain. Already called Salsa and they were of little help. Tech offered me one CAD diagram which wasn't clear and then bucked at the idea of looking at a bike they had, telling me that using the new hardware would void warranty and I should call Fox. Ugh. If someone could take a closeup pic of the mounting from a '12 HT at the swing arm mount for lower eyelet, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
    James

mtbr member
    I don't have the answer but that is disappointing that Salsa couldn't help. You would think they could have at least told you they would into it and get back to you. I expect more from a boutique brand
    He who dares....wins!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I don't have the answer but that is disappointing that Salsa couldn't help. You would think they could have at least told you they would into it and get back to you. I expect more from a boutique brand
    Agreed. I'd take some photos, give them another try by phone, and see if you can't get someone's e-mail to send them photos of what you're looking for help with. My experiences with them by phone have generally been stellar.
    2014 Horsethief, 2013 Karakoram, NB-AT3, 2006 Giant XtC

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Update:
    Orignal call appears to have been fielded by QBP reps who correctly provider warrantly disclaimer. Upon follow-up with Salsa, I was connected to Andy Palmer. He helped me sort things out, sent additional diagrams and even used MS paint to correctly illustrate area of concern. Everything is a go and my faith in Salsa has been restored.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kingspa09 View Post
    Update:
    Orignal call appears to have been fielded by QBP reps who correctly provider warrantly disclaimer. Upon follow-up with Salsa, I was connected to Andy Palmer. He helped me sort things out, sent additional diagrams and even used MS paint to correctly illustrate area of concern. Everything is a go and my faith in Salsa has been restored.
    Care to share what they said? I have to swap out by DU bushings as well..