Paste eater

Horsethief actual standover

Would some horsetheif owns be so kind to post some actual standover measurements? Was about to pull the trigger for my 5.45inch fiance and it looks really close!

mtbr member
    I'm 5'7" and I can stand over my small 'Thief, but the top tube is also right on my boys. Not sure if this would be the best bike for your lady, although stand over isn't as important for some.

Paste eater
    Quote Originally Posted by progfan1 View Post
    I'm 5'7" and I can stand over my small 'Thief, but the top tube is also right on my boys. Not sure if this would be the best bike for your lady, although stand over isn't as important for some.
    Turns out she's 5.5. What is your real inseam?

mtbr member
    My inseam is 31. I know 5'5" is the minimum size Salsa says works with one of their smalls. It's a great bike. Love every second I've had on it.

Paste eater
    Quote Originally Posted by progfan1 View Post
    My inseam is 31. I know 5'5" is the minimum size Salsa says works with one of their smalls. It's a great bike. Love every second I've had on it.
    Her "measured" inseam is just a hair short of 32 with her shoes on - 31 with out. Is that you measured inseam or pant inseam?

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Question, with 5" travel and such a short rider, would you not risk saddle/tyre interface when you bottom out? especially with the saddle dropped for 'tech' riding.

Just wondering.
    I own a Surly, a Surly, a Surly and a Salsa. Probably some others in there too at the bottom of the pile.

Paste eater
    Quote Originally Posted by dickyelsdon View Post
    Question, with 5" travel and such a short rider, would you not risk saddle/tyre interface when you bottom out? especially with the saddle dropped for 'tech' riding.

Just wondering.
    I've never seen this problem and I see a lo of big wheeled long travel bikes. rubbing the dropping post cable is a whole 'nother story.