mtbr member

Hey everybody! I am joining you on Monday as a fellow Salsa owner!

Rode this beauty today and paid 1/2 down.
    Hey everybody! I am joining you on Monday as a fellow Salsa owner!-image.jpg

Last one on the floor, smallest size they make, great close out price! I can't wait!

I only ride it a few miles but I liked the way it felt, very smooth. Once I figured out the shifters, it accelerated quickly. I love the classic looks and styling with the combo of the new drivetrain. Ability to run fatter tires or rims, racks, single speed, fixed gear, light offroad. It just seems so versatile a ride but yet rides great stock as well!

My other rides are a Surly Pugsley Necromancer and a Surly Conundrum. When I went in, I had planned on buying a Pacer or Cross Check but the versatility, availability, and price(and looks!) won me over instantly on the Salsa Casseroll.

Can't wait until Monday afternoon when I can pick it up! Yay!

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    It's an awesome bike! There is definitely a hole in the 2013 lineup where the Casseroll used to be. Congrats.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/lostboyscout | www.beerscout.ca
    Knolly Chilcotin | Surly Long Haul Trucker

mtbr member
    Congrats! I absolutely love my Casseroll. I merely upgraded to a Brooks saddle and I just love how it rides. I did the Santa Fe half-century on it last year and plan to do the full century this year. It is perfect for those longer rides and I can still use it to run errands and grab groceries. Like you, I was originally looking at a Cross Check, but once I came across the Casseroll, I knew it was the one for me.

mtbr member
    I have only heard good feedback about the Casseroll thus far. I finally took a pic of mine after my white bags came in and the sun came out(lucky Thursday!), so here she is!
    Hey everybody! I am joining you on Monday as a fellow Salsa owner!-image.jpg

I put a 20 miler paved trail ride after dinner yesterday and love love love it! Smooth a butter and pretty fast rolling for not being a racer!
    Hardest part is trying to find knobby tires for it with tan skinwalls to keep the retro look. I would like a set of light cross tires for it, my only other bike is a Surly Pugsley and sometimes you just don't wanna ride 5" tires but semi slicks like the Pasela just aren't knobby enough.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Nice. I bought one for myself and my wife last year. Great bikes. Swapped saddles for Sel Anatomicas and due to some stroke of vanity also swapped bar tape for brown to match the seats.

Harmonius Wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakedbabytoes View Post
    Hardest part is trying to find knobby tires for it with tan skinwalls to keep the retro look. I would like a set of light cross tires for it, my only other bike is a Surly Pugsley and sometimes you just don't wanna ride 5" tires but semi slicks like the Pasela just aren't knobby enough.
    Bruce Gordon Rock and Road tires. Made by Panaracer. Might be close on fit, but they have the look you are seeking.

mtbr member
    :I'll check em out! Thanks Ted! Fortunately, the shop I bought my Cass at just got some in! So I can even get a discount on them if they fit.

Edit: well, they fit! Got em & rode 5 miles on them this afternoon. They have just enough clearance to work just fine without adjusting anything other than you can't fully inflate them before getting them through the brake pads. But nice tread and decent clearance for trail and offroading. Thanks for the tip!
    Last edited by Nakedbabytoes; 03-09-2013 at 04:25 PM.

mtbr member
    Casserolls are awesome. Rode mine pretty hard.