mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Fargo front derailleur question

I just ordered a 2013 Fargo frame for my wife and I noticed they did a direct mount front derailleur this year. We are going to be running a shimano drivetrain on it and I can't find a high direct mount Shimano derailleur only a direct mount. But it appears all direct mounts are high mounts or am I missing something?

Also all direct mounts will be either dual pull or top pull right? I found an SLX derailleur on Jenson USA for $10.00 and it doesn't say what pull it is.
    2014 Kona Process 111
    2012 Salsa Fargo 2
    2013 Kona Honzo
    2014 Salsa El Mariachi

mtbr member
    Hamilton

Assuming you are going with a drop bar set up, Shimano can be an interesting proposition. I detail how I did this in a thread down the page a bit called "My Fargo Build".

Chain Reaction Cycles have a couple of SLX and XT options that will suit, which ever way you go, but I'd suggest a read of the original post in that thread of mine to see how 9 speed derailleurs and a Shiftmate #7 can be used with a 10 speed Shimano road shifter. My FD works flawlessly.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicCarpet View Post
    Hamilton

Assuming you are going with a drop bar set up, Shimano can be an interesting proposition. I detail how I did this in a thread down the page a bit called "My Fargo Build".

Chain Reaction Cycles have a couple of SLX and XT options that will suit, which ever way you go, but I'd suggest a read of the original post in that thread of mine to see how 9 speed derailleurs and a Shiftmate #7 can be used with a 10 speed Shimano road shifter. My FD works flawlessly.
    Honestly I would rather run a SRAM drivetrain but we already have a set of Shimano cranks and rear derailleur off of her Superlight and they are brand new.

I am planning on running Dura Ace 10 speed bar end shifters, but I am still curious about this front derailleur if a regular Shimano direct mount will work
    2014 Kona Process 111
    2012 Salsa Fargo 2
    2013 Kona Honzo
    2014 Salsa El Mariachi