Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

EM steel vs Ti weight....

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Club Mud 
#1 ·
Can anyone share the frame weight of a Ti EM....do not find it on the Salsa site.

FWIW I have a large EM running SS and badly want but really don't need a Ti one...I am hoping you tell me Ti is heavier and slower so I can let go of this desire.....

#3 ·
Ti is heavier & slower, let it go.

Did it work;)
Going with frame & TX over? Budget build? I ain't helping, am I? I find that if I don't just give in and go with it, I end up doing it anyways and spend more in the process.

#6 ·
I am glad that the Ti frames are not readily available or I might have to pull the trigger and get one. I ride a large 2013 set up as a rigid SS. I had trouble finding this frame but, it was well worth it as I think the El Mariachi is the perfect ride for me. I have been riding this on 30 plus mile rides and it is a very comfy ride. There is a large 2012 Ti frame at a LBS (I think) that I might have to go check out. I might check it out even though it doesn't have the alternator drops. I would replace my geared Bandersnatch with this frame and have one set up SS rigid and geared with a Reba. Any thoughts on the 2012 set up geared with a RS Reba? Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.