mtbr member

El Mariachi Ti Shipping?

Any of you know if the El Mariachi Ti completes are shipping yet? I've got one on order, but it hasn't quite made it to the shop yet.

With frames now shipping I'm wondering if any other shops have had their complete bikes trickle in yet...

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I've got mine coming, should be somewhere over the Pacific right now.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nachtjager View Post
    I've got mine coming, should be somewhere over the Pacific right now.
    I'm hoping the same for mine... Or more, I'm hoping the frame is in MN being built up. (It's my understanding that the kit assembly stuff for QBP -- at least for the Ti bikes -- is done in MN.)

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    got mine this morning.. pretty freaking sweet. you are right. the ti bike are kitted up in MN

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nachtjager View Post
    got mine this morning.. pretty freaking sweet. you are right. the ti bike are kitted up in MN
    Great news; thanks! Hopefully my shop will call to say it's in soon.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Have any of you had some time on the 2013 Ti El Mariachi yet? I'm looking to get my first HT 29er. I want something I can use for 50->100 mi endurance races. Something light enough, but also simple (HT) and won't beat me up too badly. Also, I'd really like to know what weight these bikes are coming in at. We have no Salsa dealers in Las Vegas, so I'm trying to find as much second-hand info on this bike as I can before I consider pulling the trigger.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wheel-addict View Post
    Have any of you had some time on the 2013 Ti El Mariachi yet? I'm looking to get my first HT 29er. I want something I can use for 50->100 mi endurance races. Something light enough, but also simple (HT) and won't beat me up too badly. Also, I'd really like to know what weight these bikes are coming in at. We have no Salsa dealers in Las Vegas, so I'm trying to find as much second-hand info on this bike as I can before I consider pulling the trigger.
    I can tell you that I've got a steel one already that I use as either a single speed or geared bike, depending on the time of the year. I really like it, and I was wanting a Ti HT with a better build kit than my steel frame has, so the Ti version was my first choice. The longest ride I've done on it is 60-some miles, but I rather enjoyed it. I'm hoping to do the same kind of endurance-type stuff on the Ti one later this year. Once it comes in, of course...

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Thanks c0nsumer. I'll be very interested to hear your thoughts on the Ti vs the steel version of this frame once your Ti comes in. Also, please let me know the complete bike weight of the Ti. Any idea how badly back-ordered this bike is? You make it sound like yours won't be coming in for several months.

I'm also not certain if I'd buy this bike as a complete bike or as a frame. The build is pretty nice, but there are a few things I'd want different such as Shimano XT shifters and derailleurs and perhaps a thru axel hub for the rear. Any opinions on if this would be a good choice for competitive endurance racing?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wheel-addict View Post
    Thanks c0nsumer. I'll be very interested to hear your thoughts on the Ti vs the steel version of this frame once your Ti comes in. Also, please let me know the complete bike weight of the Ti. Any idea how badly back-ordered this bike is? You make it sound like yours won't be coming in for several months.

I'm also not certain if I'd buy this bike as a complete bike or as a frame. The build is pretty nice, but there are a few things I'd want different such as Shimano XT shifters and derailleurs and perhaps a thru axel hub for the rear. Any opinions on if this would be a good choice for competitive endurance racing?
    Sure thing; I imagine I'll have some pictures and stuff up here once I get it. I was told mid-December ship date, but here we are mid-January and I don't have it yet. I'm sort-of expecting/hoping for any day now. It's my understanding that if you don't have one ordered already it'll be very hard to get one, unless a shop just happens to have one... I'm not a shop, though, so I can't say for sure.

I won't be building up mine stock (need to change seatpost, bars, grips, saddle, and tires from the get-go), so based on my steel one... I'm going to guess at about 26 pounds built up. I go for durability first then weight and cost second.

I personally like SRAM drivetrain stuff, so I'm good with what's there. I got a good deal on a set of blue ones so I do plan on switching to XO cranks right away, though. I also picked up the TA rear plates, but I won't switch to that until I get some new wheels, which probably won't be for a couple years. I'm not sure how much of a benefit this'll be.

I think it would be a good choice for racing as you describe, but depending on your trails and back it's possible that a shorter travel FS like an Epic or a Titus Racer X or so would be better.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by c0nsumer View Post
    I was told mid-December ship date, but here we are mid-January and I don't have it yet. I'm sort-of expecting/hoping for any day now. It's my understanding that if you don't have one ordered already it'll be very hard to get one, unless a shop just happens to have one... I'm not a shop, though, so I can't say for sure.
    That was the exact same scenario I ran into when I purchased my 2012 El Mar Ti. Ordered Oct, told Nov..Dec..Jan. Received it sometime in Jan/Feb, can't remember which. And I only got that because the shop had actually already placed an order for 2 so I put dibs on one of them. Anything after that initial order was hard to obtain. Well worth the wait though!

Over the Hill
    Any current delivery info available at this time? I'm looking into one next week.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Club Mud View Post
    Any current delivery info available at this time? I'm looking into one next week.
    I've been told that mine should be shipping very soon. Not sure exactly when that is, but I'm really hoping to get it within the next week or two. I'll be sure to post here when I get it. (I've heard they are pretty sold out, though...)