• 08-19-2016
    REDRED
    Yeah I believe they are trying to go more mainstream and less niche. No more steel or ti mtbs and no more el mariachi. That's why I bought the last two. Best hard tail I've ever rode.
  • 08-19-2016
    abelfonseca
    The El Mariachi is still on their lineup. They only dropped the Ti model. That was one cool bike.
  • 08-19-2016
    thx138
    Quote:

Originally Posted by abelfonseca View Post
    The El Mariachi is still on their lineup. They only dropped the Ti model. That was one cool bike.

That is true but it looks to me like all the bikes on their bike list are 2016's and who knows what will change once they add the new and updated bikes to that list.
  • 08-19-2016
    Birdss
    I stand corrected as the El Mar still lives, sans Ti mode.
  • 08-19-2016
    REDRED
    Quote:

No more salsa el mariachi past 2016 models. RIP
  • 08-19-2016
    abelfonseca
    Quote:

Originally Posted by REDRED View Post
    No more salsa el mariachi past 2016 models. RIP

Why do you say that? Do you have a link to a statement from salsa?
  • 08-19-2016
    REDRED
    Quote:

Why do you say that? Do you have a link to a statement from salsa?

Talked to rep a few weeks ago at a trail opening. El mariachi is gone with the timberjack taking its place. But who knows until all of the 2017s come out... El mariachis on the site are 2016s...

Presenting Our Updated Line | Salsa Cycles
  • 08-19-2016
    CG3
    1 Attachment(s)
    2014 El Mariachi Ti update
    Just swapped the Fox with an Enve Carbon fork. Im liking it so far!:cool:
  • 08-19-2016
    CG3
    1 Attachment(s)
    Update!
    I think I'm liking my bike even more with the Enve Carbon fork! Man, didn't realize Salsa stopped making the Ti El Mar... Glad I got one when I did!Attachment 1089056
  • 08-20-2016
    REDRED
    Quote:

Originally Posted by CG3 View Post
    I think I'm liking my bike even more with the Enve Carbon fork! Man, didn't realize Salsa stopped making the Ti El Mar... Glad I got one when I did!Attachment 1089056

Sweet ride.
  • 08-20-2016
    abelfonseca
    Quote:

Originally Posted by REDRED View Post
    Talked to rep a few weeks ago at a trail opening. El mariachi is gone with the timberjack taking its place. But who knows until all of the 2017s come out... El mariachis on the site are 2016s...

Presenting Our Updated Line | Salsa Cycles

What a moronic decision by Salsa. They are having a lot of negative feedback on their new line up on that page. I hope they regret it. Really dissapointed that salsa decided to drop one of their most iconic bikes. They could have re invented it with full 27.5+ capabilty or something like that. Now they "replaced" it with a cookie cutter aluminum framed bike.
  • 08-20-2016
    REDRED
    Quote:

What a moronic decision by Salsa. They are having a lot of negative feedback on their new line up on that page. I hope they regret it. Really dissapointed that salsa decided to drop one of their most iconic bikes. They could have re invented it with full 27.5+ capabilty or something like that. Now they "replaced" it with a cookie cutter aluminum framed bike.

My thoughts exactly.
  • 08-20-2016
    mohrgan
    I currently own an El Mar but the new Surly Karate Monkey looks like a very worthwhile replacement. It is 29 or 27.5+.
  • 08-20-2016
    buell
    For all you people crying about the death of the el mar, I bet they'll resurrect within a cycle.
  • 08-20-2016
    thx138
    It could be worse they could of passed the name along to that new timberjack.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
  • 08-23-2016
    steeeze
    I've wanted to own one of these for more time than I can remember. Finally built this up from parts I sourced over 6 months and couldn't be happier. I love this bike.