mtbr member

El Mariachi Gordo Hope Luv Thudbuster

Well, after 8 months on the bike I think I've got it pretty much blinged out just right. I bought it as a full kit, but always knew I'd take it single speed. Yesterday it all came together with these last big additions.

Gordo rims laced to Hope Pro 2 hubs (single speed on the rear) with WTB Stouts for our muddy season. I ran low 20s PSI front and back (with tubes) and they feel great.

Groovy Luv bar for the ultimate swept/riser/steel experience.

And the final touch - a Thudbuster to add a bit of cush to the bumpy Pisgah ride. SWEET piece of equipment for sure.

Riding or Drumming
    Dig the ride !

Picking up my Luv Handles from Roddy at the NAHMB show next week for my EM.

Ironically, we'll be in Pisgah in 3 weeks. Yahoo !!!
    Tallboy
    Salsa El Mariachi SS
    Salsa Vaya
    Salsa Mukluk
    Surly Big Dummy

workin' it Administrator
    love the matching stem.
    Try this: HTFU

mtbr member
    gotta get a complete bike to get the stem.... it's the "buy a 1x9 cassette and derailleur and get a matching stem" deal. That's OK though, now I'm looking for a nice used EM fram to put my old parts on and make into a townie bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by funkydrum
    Ironically, we'll be in Pisgah in 3 weeks. Yahoo !!!
    Well dang, I spend every day in Pisgah since I live in Brevard. Give me a shout when you are coming and we'll let the El Mars have a play date.

mtbr member
    Sweet bike. I'll probaly build a pair of wheels with the same specs in the future.
    Sorry for steal your thread, but I have a little question. Whats the inner width between th chainstays at the tyre level?
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Just a note, if you haven't heard yet, the cromoto stem on the 08' El Mariachis (and other completes) is being recalled . A real bummer because the color matched stem really finishes off the bike nicely.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ze_Zaskar
    Sweet bike. I'll probaly build a pair of wheels with the same specs in the future.
    Sorry for steal your thread, but I have a little question. Whats the inner width between th chainstays at the tyre level?
    Thanks
    Are you asking about the max tire size? The bikes come with 2.55 WTB Wierwolfs when you purchase a complete kit. When I replaced them I dropped down to 2.4 just to shed some weight and resistance, although you lose a bit of cush.