mtbr member
    Aug 2007

El Mar Ti with 32T 80BCD on X9

I want to convert my current Sram 2x10 X9 set-up into a 1x10 setup by placing a 32T on the inner ring (80 BCD) and a bashring on the outer 120BCD. Before I purchase the parts, just want to see if anyone else has done similar to ensure the 32T will clear the chain stay when installed on the inner.

amd
    mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I'd love to know if you ever figured this out or if there is such a thing as a 80bcd 32t chainring.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Homebrew components makes a 32T 80BCD however the lead time was pretty long back then (don't know what it is today). So I opted to use a set of XT cranks which I had, removed the inner and outer ring and used the 32T middle ring. I then utilized a MRP chain guide and it has worked great for the last 6 months. My only issue is that I would like to get the chainline a little closer so that when I am on the bigger cogs in the back it won't be so crossed, haven't had an issue with it yet though. Haven't looked around lately to see if anyone else is making a 32T 80BCD.

mtbr member
    did the same thing in spring with parts from home-brewed. but yea, lead-time is what it is with him...
    love this setup
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails El Mar Ti with 32T 80BCD on X9-img_3748.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Grab a spiderless bling ring from MRP. Lighter/better/etc.

-Tom

It's carbon dontcha know.
    If you check in the singlespeed forum you'll see that HBC has pretty much vanished but continues to take peoples money.
    Rolling on 29", 650b, 8.3" and 23mm